Just A Normal Day

The sun was shining into my face blinding me. "What the..... CRAP!", I yelled. I was late for school. Again. I took a quick shower and put on some jeans and a t-shirt. Of course accompanied by my oh so trusty grey pullover. I roughly dried my hair with a towel and flipped over.

I took a quick glance in the mirror. There it is again, I thought. The rainbow tint. I moved my head side to side. Still there. I reached for my hairbrush and looked back. Gone. That's weird, I thought. No time for thinking, though. I ran a brush through my hair while putting on my tennis shoes. I brushed my teeth and put on makeup at the same time, braiding my hair to the side as I ran out the door.

Miraculously, I made it to school on time. Same old schedule. Morning news, subject classes, lunch, music and art. Back to the bus. It was a rainy and gloomy day, so not much activity once I got off the bus.

I stopped to tie my shoe before I walked into the building. One of the advantages of having your mom work at a nearby school; short bus ride. I looked up and saw a lady sitting in her car talking on the phone. That's funny, I thought. Sports have been cancelled. Oh, right. I forgot about clubs. I walked under the breezeway and opened the door.

Do you ever get that weird feeling that you're being watched? Well, I felt it right then. But it wasn't the lady in the car. I looked up at a security camera as I walked by. Funny, someone could be watching me that I don't know about, I thought. I had no idea
~
Agent Fields switched off the live feed as someone walked into the room. A tall, burly man with short black hair knocked on the open door. "What, Ward?", she said collecting something from her desk.

"Nothing much, just bringing you the best takeout in the city.", he said placing a bag on the table.

"You shouldn't have", she joked.

"But, I did.", Ward said. "Can't pass up tacos."

"You're right, I can't," she said smiling.

"Whatcha working on?", he asked.

"Just a little girl Truman asked me to keep an eye on. I tapped into her school feed. I feel like a serial killer, watching her like that.", she said.

"Nah, she won't know it. Is she powered?", he asked.

"I don't think so, she just has a very specific skill set," she replied.

"Think they'll ever move in on her?"

"I doubt it. Unless she causes trouble. Or we need her."

"And why would we need her?", he said.

"I don't know Ward," she replied. "I heard Coulson's out recruiting. There's rumors that he's looking for someone that fits your description."

"I guess the fox will just have to find me if he wants me.", he said walking away.

Fields smiled and turned back around to the papers on her desk.