11-The one with the cut

Ever since that boy grabbed me at Toby's party my brain has gone into over-drive. The panic attacks where constant, they were an internal battle that I was losing the fight from.  Particular words he said where swirling around my head.

'I love your long hair; I can just pull it whenever you want to escape.'

'I've always had a thing for blondes.'

'The more you resist, the harder I get.'

Bile burns the back of my throat, as the voices in my head become more deafening, a loud sob racks my body. I yank at my hair as I can feel his disgusting fingers pulling at it roughly. I shakily go over to my dressing table, the scissors stare at me tauntingly, invitingly almost. I nod to myself before grabbing them. I stare at myself blankly at the mirror, I pull my hair down from its ponytail. I've been growing my hair for as long as I could remember. My mom always used to tell me that men preferred girls with long hair.

I inhale a sharp breath before I begin to start cutting my hair, I cut it until it sits comfortable on my shoulders. Inches of chocolate curls fall at my feet. When I'm finished, I give myself a satisfied smile as I wipe my cheeks. It was crooked as hell, but I could fix that later. At-least it was better, it was better than before. I wrinkle my nose at the colour, I despised the chocolate but going back to blonde wasn't an option.

I grab one of my hoodies before pulling it over my head, I grab my keys before heading downstairs, I could hear my mom giggling like a schoolgirl, which was indication that her boyfriend was over.  I leave my house without saying goodbye, I've grown tired of meeting men, who won't stick around.

As I begin walking down my drive, I bump into a hard figure, I steady myself slightly. I snap my head up at the person, Lucas is stood looking down at me with furrowed brows.

'Lucas? What are you doing here?'

He says nothing but holds out both of my gold hoops, the same gold hoops I've been looking for, for the past few days.

'I thought, I lost them!' I say as I gratefully take them.

'They were in the backseat of my car, it caused a very heated argument between me and my girlfriend.'

I raise an eyebrow, 'You have a girlfriend?'

'Yup.'

'Since when?'

A small smirk tugs on the corner of his lips, 'Be careful princess, you almost sound jealous.'

I narrow my eyes as I cross my arms against my chest, 'I'm not jealous, I'm just nosy. There's a difference.'

And that was the truth, there is no way in hell I'd ever be jealous over Lucas with anyone.

His eyes scan my face before moving towards my hair, 'You've cut your hair.'

I nod, 'I did.'

He nods in approval, 'It looks better.'

'It does?'

'Yeah, if you were anyone else, I would have said that I liked it.'

I scoff, 'How charming of you, now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the drug-store.'

Lucas looks around taking in the richness of the midnight-coloured sky, 'Are you walking?'

I hold up my broken hand, 'Well, it's not like I can drive.'

He lets out an annoyed sigh, 'Come on, I'll drive you.'

'What? Why?'

'Do we need to keep having the same conversation? I don't like the thought of girls walking alone in the dark, even you.'