48- The one where I find Olivia

Olivia Davis.

That was her new name after various hours of investigating, Brooke finally managed to find her social-media account. She still looks the exact same as she did four years ago, from her pictures, I can see that she's travelled all around Europe and Asia. Her life looked exciting, adventurous and part of me was worried, that she wouldn't want to give any of that up to look after a six-year-old.

I also felt a surge of guilt for coming to this woman, I haven't seen in years to ask her to help us. All of this felt incredibly wrong but what if she was what was right for Winter. 

I sent her a few messages before I asked her if we could meet somewhere, so I could explain the situation in person because it didn't feel appropriate for me to spring this onto her without seeing her in person first.  So, with Brooke's permission, I invited her around to their house because I want Winter to be in a safe and comfortable environment. Gary took Scarlett and Lucas out for lunch, so the house wasn't too busy and overwhelming.

I still couldn't believe how much this family was willing to do for me, it physically hurt knowing how much they care about someone they barely know.

My knee bounces up and down as I begin to chew down on my nails, Olivia was going to be here any minute and I just couldn't comprehend how to feel or act.

'It'll be okay honey, I promise.' Brooke reassures me from the sofa across from me.

I nod slowly, my eyes flicker towards Winter who is sat watching Tangled, 'I-I hope so.'

The doorbell rings, I feel my hands shaky slightly as I stand up, my legs feeling like jelly as I walk towards the door. I inhale a sharp breath before I swing the door open, the petite blonde woman stares at me for a moment before tears pool in her eyes, she gives me a tight smile.

'Autumn, is that really you?' She croaks out, tears streaming down her cheeks.

'Y-Yeah.'

'You have grown up so beautiful.' She murmurs before wrapping her arms around me, I tense at her touch as I awkwardly pat her back.

I pull away from the embrace, 'Do you want to come inside?'

'Please.' 

I step out of the way, so she can get past me, I close the door before leading her into the living room. A strangled sob escapes her lips as she kneels down next to Winter, an expression of fondness takes over her face.

'Hey sweetie, do you remember me?'

The small blonde shakes her head, 'No, sorry.'

Olivia laughs as she wipes her cheeks, 'That's okay, I'm your Aunty Liv.'

Winter's face lights up, 'I-I've never had an aunty before!'

Olivia squeezes her eyes shut before nodding, 'I-I know, I'm really sorry I haven't been around much.'

'Y-You aren't the one who should be apologising, you always tried to look out for us.'

The blonde woman turns to face me, 'I should have tried harder.'

Brooke coughs slightly, 'Hello, I'm Brooke. I'm the mother of Autumn's friends, I was the one who helped to track you down'

Olivia greets her with a small laugh 'Hi, I'm Olivia, I'm their mom's sister.'

'I'll go and get us some refreshments and let you guy's catch up, do you guys like tea or coffee?'

'Coffee please.'

I shake my head, 'I-I'm fine thank you.'

Once the brunette woman leaves, Olivia settles down on the sofa next to me, she looks around the room as she unfastens her coat.