41- The one where we go birthday shopping

I grimace when we step into the overly crowded mall, Christmas shopping season was upon us, and personally I couldn't be fucked with it. Why did Lucas have to have his birthday so close to the busiest time of the year for shopping?

I wanted to get his present online, but Scarlett insisted that you didn't get the same experience as going in person. So here we are, squashed in between numerous people in an over-priced store.

'Wait, so you two slept in the same bed?!'

I roll my eyes, 'Yes, Scar. This is fourth and last time I will be answering that question.'

'That is such a big step for you, I feel like a proud mother.'

'I know, you started crying the first time I told you.'

Scarlett gives me a sheepish smile, 'I didn't cry that much.'

'You were literally sobbing.'

The pink haired girl places a hand to her chest, 'Is it a crime to be incredibly happy and proud for my best friend?'

I chew the inside of my cheek, 'I actually missed out one little detail.'

She grabs my shoulders and spins me around, 'Tell me right now!'

'H-He kind of hinted that he might ask me out on a date, but I couldn't tell if he was kidding or not.'

Her eyes nearly bulge out of her head, 'This may be the happiest day of my life.'

I wrinkle my nose, 'Seriously?'

'Yes! Until you get married, then that will be the happiest day of my life.'

I scoff, 'Scar, I don't even know if he was being serious. Plus, he just broke up with his girlfriend and I don't want to be a rebound.'

'There is no way in hell that you are a rebound, if anything these girls are a distraction.'

'A distraction from what, exactly?'

'His true feelings.'

'Has he ever mentioned that he could potentially have feelings for me?'

'Well, no not exactly. But I'm a blabbermouth, so he might just be worried I'd tell you.'

I narrow my eyes, 'You haven't blabbed about my feelings, have you?'

'God, no! He's my brother, I don't care about him as much.'

I laugh, 'I don't think that's the right attitude to have.'

'It's the attitude, I'm having.'

'So, did anything happen with Toby at the party?' I ask as I scan the shelves trying to find something at-least half decent for the birthday boy.

Her cheeks flush slightly, 'No, not really. I mean he held my hair back when he found me throwing my guts out in the bathroom, and then helped me calm down when I had a panic attack because I thought I killed you when Luke messaged me, saying that he was taking you to the emergency room.'

'You do realise, I was very much alive when you last saw me?'

She shrugs, 'I was still scared.'

I purse my lips together, 'I have no fucking idea, on what to get him.'

'I usually get him something for his X-box.'

My eyes widen when I see a familiar boy with his arms wrapped around a petite red-headed girl, my stomach drops slightly.

'Scar, I think we should go to a different store.'

Her eyebrows furrow together, 'What? Why? We've literally just walked in here.'