46- The one where I spend Christmas at the Summers/Wilson household

I turn to Winter who is fidgeting in the passenger's seat of my car, I have the heat on full blast to prevent her from feeling cold.

'Sissy, I-I'm scared.'

I frown, 'Why are you scared baby?'

'I-I don't want to leave my house.'

'I know you don't, but Grammy isn't treating you, the way that you deserved be treated.'

'I-I want a mommy and daddy like my friends have.'

My heart aches as I grab her tiny little hands, 'I-I know you do and I-I'm so sorry, that I can't give you that.'

'I still love you though.'

'I know, I love you too.'

Relief floods inside of me, when I see two bright headlights in my rear-view mirror.  Two figures hurry out of their car towards us.

'W-Who's that?'

'That's my friend Luke and his mommy.'

I climb out of my car with a shaky breath, Lucas frowns as he walks towards me, all I want is to be able to wrap him into my arms, but since the incident with Will, I don't think I'm able too anymore.

'Love, what happened?'

I sniff as tears begin to pour down my face, 'M-My grandma has been locking Winter in her room without any food and s-she won't let her use the toilet. A-And I didn't know what else to do.'

'You're doing the right thing by getting her out of that environment.'

Lucas' mom slowly approaches me with a sad smile on her face, 'Hey honey, are you okay?'

I shrug, 'I-I don't know. I-I'm really sorry for ruining your day, Mrs. Summers.'

'Please call me Brooke and you aren't ruining my day at all.'

'I-I just don't know what to do!' I cry out as a strangled sob escapes my lips, 'I-I can't let her live there but I-I don't think I can look after her, I'm a mess.'

'Sweetheart, they are so many options that we can think through, but right now, I think you both deserve to get into a warm house and have a nice end to Christmas. We've got the board-games out of the attic; we've got gingerbread houses ready to decorate. I think the most important thing is that Winter is distracted and having fun.'

I nod, 'T-That sounds really nice.'

'Do you think that you are able to drive?'

'I-I think so.'

Brooke frowns slightly, 'Think so, isn't good enough. I really don't want either of you to get into an accident. I'll drive Luke's car home, and he can drive yours. Does that sound okay?'

'O-Okay.'

'I promise, I will do everything I can to make sure that you are both okay.'

'Thank you, Brooke.'

'Don't thank me for silly things, now just let me grab the car seat and we can get on our way.'

I turn to face the dark-haired boy next to me, 'I-I'm sorry I called. Y-You were just the first person, I thought of. Plus, I really don't trust Scar's driving.'

He laughs quietly 'Don't be sorry, I want to help you.'

'I-I find it really hard to let people help me.'

'I know you do, so I'm thankful you called.'

'I'm thankful, you came.'

Brooke walks over towards us holding a navy-blue car seat, 'This should fit her.'