42- The one with the birthday celebrations

I laugh slightly as I watch Scarlett frantically try to finish up setting up the house for Lucas' birthday, she insisted that we all get here extra early, so we can set up before he gets back from training. She had organised him a surprise party, after he told us that he only wanted something low-key year.

One of the only downfalls about Scarlett was that she didn't understand the concept of low-key.

 Numerous brightly coloured banners were darted across the walls, fairy-lights illuminate the room. His favourite music was blasting through the speakers, she had blown up a poster-sized version picture of him from when he was a baby. To be fair, the picture was adorable, his face was covered in chocolate, and he was holding a strawberry. 

The kitchen island was covered in various bottles of alcohol, she transformed the kitchen table into a game of beer-pong. In their back garden, Toby and Sammy where bickering like an old married couple about how to set up the gazebo correctly.

'What if he hates it?!' Scarlett cries out as frown forms on her face.

I shake my head, 'He will probably hate you for throwing him a party, when he specifically told you not to. But he will love all of this.'

'He's turning eighteen! I couldn't just stand here and do nothing!'

The doorbell rings, she perks up before racing to answer the door, I tense slightly as a flood of people enter the room. Scarlett mentioned that there was a chance, I wouldn't know half of the people coming. Most of them being his friends from his old school or people he's met through boxing.

It turns out Lucas is a pretty popular guy.

Not that I was surprised, it pains me to admit but he's extremely charismatic. He could probably charm a plant into talking.

I give Sammy a soft smile as he walks up to me with a nervous expression, 'Hey, you okay?'

'I-I invited Zayn.'

My eyes widen, 'Hunky barman, Zayn?'

His cheeks flush red, 'Actually, my boyfriend Zayn.'

'Dude, what the fuck? I'm so happy for you.'

'T-Thanks, this will be our first outing as a couple and I'm extremely shitting it.'

'D-Does Toby know?'

He lets out a sigh of relief, 'Yeah, I told him last night and he was really cool about it, he even offered to help me set up a grinder account.'

I laugh, 'That does sound like Toby.'

'I kind of regret not telling anyone sooner, I knew that they would all be okay with it.'

'You waited until the time was right for you.'

'Yeah, thank you for giving me the courage to finally be myself.'

'Thank you for giving me the opportunity to help you find that courage.'

He flashes me a bright grin, 'I still find it crazy that we are friends.'

'What? Why?'

'I-I just always thought that you'd find me really dorky or annoying.'

'I do but now you are one of my favourite people.'

His smile widens, 'I'm really glad, that you decided to let us all in. I could tell when you first started hanging out with us, that you really didn't want too.'

'I think letting you guys in, is the best decision I've ever made.'

Sammy raises an eyebrow at me, 'Are you drunk already?'