18- The one with the sleepover part 2

I flinch as more blood pours onto the screen that I'm struggling to tear my eyes away from. Toby decided to pick the goriest film imaginable. I turn my head slightly as I hear a squeak from Scarlett, she buries her head into Toby's shoulder, who automatically wraps his arms around her head.

'I'm surprised, you haven't covered your eyes yet, princess.' A voice whispers in my ear causing shivers to run down my spine.

'Aw, are you saying that because you want to cover your eyes, but you don't want to seem like a big baby?'

'I'm just saying, if you're scared then that's okay.'

I scoff, 'I feel like you're projecting here.'

I let out a loud gasp as someone's head gets decapitated, I squeeze my duvet tightly, as my heart rate increases.

He chuckles which causes me to startle, 'Yeah, I was totally projecting.'

I whip my head around with narrowed eyes, 'You piss me off, so much!'

'Ditto.'

'I really want to punch you in the face.'

'And then you'd end up with two broken hands, because I know for a fact, you don't know how to punch, for shit.'

'Well, that's why I asked for boxing lessons.'

Lucas raises an eyebrow, 'You do realise, I'm not letting you box until I've assessed that your hand is strong enough.'

'Be careful Luke, it almost sounds like you care.'

'The key word being almost.'

'It's okay, if you've got a crush on me. A lot of people do.'

'Yeah, blind and deaf people.'

I clench my jaw as my glare intensifies, 'I can't tell, if you want me to hit you.'

'I mean, it would be funny to watch you try.'

'Fine, let's do this' I hiss loudly, 'Meet me in the kitchen.'

He lets out a low whistle, 'You trying to get me alone, princess?'

'You wish.'

The movie pauses causing me to turn my attention towards Toby and Scarlett who are watching us with amused expressions.

'We want to watch you hit him.'

Lucas smirks at me, 'She won't do shit.'

I raise my fist before swinging it towards his face, he catches it gently in his palm with a shaking head.

'You're going to break your fucking hand, if you punch like that.' He murmurs softly.

My stomach churns but it wasn't with a sense of dread like I expected, when I realise his hand is still covering mine, 'Y-You can let go now.'

'Shit, sorry. I forgot.' He says as he quickly drops it.

I blink slowly as my eyes scan his every feature, 'I-It's okay.'

He coughs, shaking his head, 'Yeah, you really need them lessons. Especially if your plan is still to fight crime.'

'Of course, it is, I can't let dicks like you walk around freely.'

The dark-haired boy stares at me for a moment causing my breath to hitch slightly, before a lazy grin forms onto his face, 'Of course not.'

I bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from smiling, 'I'm glad, we're on the same page.'

We all settle into a comfortable silence and continue to watch the movie. Once it's finished Scarlett requests, well to be honest it was more of a demand, that we watch something happier. So, we are now watching the U.S version of 'The Office'.