37- The one with the school play

I knock excitedly on Scarlett's dressing room; the show was going to start in half an hour, and I wanted to see her beforehand to wish her good luck. The door swings open to reveal a flustered Scarlett.

Her hair was half braided, the other half was in pin curls, it cascaded down her back like a waterfall of candyfloss. She was wearing a long-sleeved corset gown, the dark red complimented nicely against her pale skin.

'Scar, you look beautiful!'

She squeals at me before wrapping me into a tight hug, I couldn't help but be thankful we were at stage where she didn't have to ask before touching me. I grin as I return her embrace.

'I-I'm so nervous!' She stutters as she pulls away from me.

'You're going to do amazing!'

She shakes her head, 'It isn't the acting! I could do that shit in my sleep, I'm nervous about the kiss.'

I step inside of dressing room and shut the door, 'Have you still not talked to Toby?'

'I was kind of hoping, I would be able to speak to him after the show.'

'That sounds like a good idea.' I say softly, I look around the room and see a beautiful bouquet of rainbow-coloured flowers.

'They're from Toby.' Scarlett murmurs softly as she turns to look at them.

'They're really pretty. Do you think it means anything?'

'He wanted to get me them for good luck. He actually does it on the opening night of every play I'm in, so I don't really think it's a sign.'

I melt slightly, 'He gets you flowers every-time you are in a play?'

A gentle smile forms onto her lips, 'Yeah since we were eleven years old.'

'That's actually really sweet.'

'I know, it's really pissing me off! I wish he wasn't so nice because I can't figure out if he's doing things in a friendly way or if he likes me!'

I shrug, 'Either way, it's a nice gesture for him to do.'

She nods, 'Yeah, you're right.'

'I-Is Sophia coming tonight?'

Scarlett pulls a face, 'Sadly, I tried to convince her it was going to be a shit play, but she wasn't buying it.'

I laugh, 'Scar, you are allowed to like her.'

'No, I will only allow you to be my sister-in-law!'

I roll my eyes, 'L-Luke doesn't feel the same way, so he deserves to be with someone who he is crazy about.'

'He's crazy about you! He's just to fucking stupid to realise it.'

'I-I don't know, he seems pretty happy.'

'I'm not buying it, something seems off about her and I will find out, what it is.'

'Why don't you just focus on your performance? And you can plot against Sophia another time.'

'Fine! But trust me when this is over, I'm going to be on her ass like an F.B.I agent.'

I give her a bright smile, 'I'm going to go find Sammy. Good luck!'

'I don't need luck baby, I was born to be a star!'

I laugh loudly before I leave the room, I feel my body collide harshly with a hard figure. My breath hitches when I look up into hazel eyes.

I curse at how truly handsome he looks in this lighting, fuck he looks good in every kind of lighting. But this was something else, his dark-hair was styled messily, he was wearing a tight-fitted short sleeved navy shirt, his muscular tattooed arms on show, it wasn't buttoned all the way up so I could see the glisten of his gold chain.