21- The one with the rain walk

I shiver as the cold air hits my body, but I welcome it with open arms. I just needed to get out of the house, I need an escape.

I decided to put my feelings aside and actually try to spend time with my mom, but unfortunately that also meant spending time with her boyfriend. And the second she left to go to the bathroom, he started to overly compliment me. The minuet he tried to make a comment about my body, I just bolted.

I'm trying my best to do better, get better.

And I couldn't risk being exposed in an environment like that, I can't tell if it's sad to say that I'm used to her boyfriend's trying to make a pass at me. In the past, I didn't really take that much of notice of it, I just thought it was the norm. That all men made comments like that.

But now, I refuse to sit and listen to someone talk about the curves of my figure or how nice my hair would look tied up.

My shaking hands are stuffed into my jean pockets, my heart is beating uncomfortably but I felt safe.

Safe knowing that I wasn't near him anymore. Safe knowing that I didn't have to worry about him leaning forward to try and kiss me.

I freeze slightly as I hear a car pull up beside me, the shaking in my palms intensifies. I slyly try to look at the vehicle, the second I do. Relief floods inside of me.

I narrow my eyes as the driver winds down their window, 'You stalking me?'

He scoffs, 'Hardly, princess. I was just leaving a friend's house.'

I raise an eyebrow, 'A friend?'

He flashes me a cheeky smile, 'A friend with benefits.'

I snort, 'You're a pig.'

'Anyway, you do realise it's about to start raining right?'

I look up at the blanket of thundering grey above me with content, 'Yes, I do.'

'And you are still choosing to walk?'

'I happen to like rain walks.'

I furrow my eyebrows as he pulls his car up onto the edge of the sidewalk before climbing out of his car. He jogs slightly to catch up with me.

'What are you doing?'

'Walking with you.'

I cross my arms against my chest, 'Did I say that you could walk with me?'

'No but I'm going to do it anyway.'

'Why?'

He sighs as he kicks the pebble next to his foot, 'I don't really feel like being at home right now.'

'Same.'

'Care to share?'

'Do you?'

Lucas shrugs, 'Scarlett's dad is home and it kind of just reminds me of what a shitty dad, I ended up getting.'

'Oh, if it helps mines pretty shitty too.'

'Is that why you don't want to be at home?'

I nearly laugh at the mention of my dad actually being at home, 'N-No, he took out on us a few years ago.'

'Shit, I'm sorry.'

'I-It's fine, it's his loss anyway.'

'So, why is it that you don't want to be at home?'

I let out a loud sigh before biting the inside of my cheek, 'My mom's new boyfriend is a dick.'

He laughs slightly, 'Why is he a dick?'