23- The one with the costume party part 2

I let out a loud sigh as fiddle with the purple Alice headband sitting on top of my head. I have to throw my hats off to Scarlett, she pulled these costumes out of the bag. I was wearing a bright purple long-sleeved dress, underneath this was sheer pale pink tights. The outfit was also paired with a silky green scarf tied around my neck, lilac heeled boots.

At first, I was apprehensive about wearing a dress. Okay, apprehensive is an understatement, I was terrified, but it was a modest length and I feel as if my tights gave me extra protection from anyone's wandering hands.

The pink-haired girl wolf-whistles when I re-enter her room, 'Autie! You look so beautiful! I can't cope!'

My cheeks warm at her compliment, as I scan her attire, she was wearing a tight-cropped, bright orange turtleneck, with a red pleated skirt paired with orange knee high socks, black rimmed glasses and red heels.

'Says you! You look amazing, Scar!'

I watch as her eyes light up with glee, a bright grin taking over her entire face. She rushes over to tackle me into a hug before she stops herself, with an apologetic look.

I sigh slightly, 'It's okay, you can hug me.'

Her eyebrows raise, 'Are you sure?'

'Yeah, go for it.'

My body tenses as her small arms wrap around my frame, I relax slightly as I wrap mine around her. She rocks me side to side causing laughter to escape from my lips.

'Sorry!' She squeaks as she pulls away from me, 'I'm just so excited! I love dressing up!'

A knock on her bedroom door makes me startle slightly, before it swings open. I nearly swoon at the sight, Lucas is wearing a white shirt which made his body look somehow even better, around his neck he had an orange scarf, paired with blue jeans and his usual trainers.

How the fuck, does someone look so good being dressed as a cartoon character?

Scarlett frowns at him, 'Where is your blonde wig?'

'I've already dressed up, don't push it.'

My heart stops when I notice his gaze turn to me, I didn't feel uncomfortable or disgusted like I usually do, when I can see someone blatantly checking me out. Instead, I felt shy like a school-girl with a crush.

Fuck, why is this happening?

'I was right.' He murmurs as his eyes meet mine.

My eyebrows knit together, 'About what?'

He gives me a boyish grin, that nearly sends me into cardiac arrest, 'You do look great in purple.'

And there goes that fucking stomach churn, I need this to stop. And I need it to stop right now.

'T-Thanks.' I manage out.

Way to play it cool, Autumn.

...

By the time, we arrive at the party it was in full swing. I feel my hands begin to clam up, as my breathing becomes slightly un-even. Scarlett turns to me a soft smile before gesturing for me to hold her hand, I nod and quickly grab it.

Despite my heart pounding at a million-miles-an hour, a burst of laughter erupts from my lips when I see Toby wearing a full-on Scooby Doo costume with a bottle of beer in his hands.

'Tobes!' Scarlett squeals, 'You look amazing! I love it!'

He rolls his eyes playfully with a soft smile, 'Thanks Scar.'

I turn my attention to Sammy who is sporting a green t-shirt and brown jeans, his face falls slightly. My heart aches for him.

Oh, Sammy. I promise the right guy is out there for you.