13- The one with the offer

Ever since the incident with Kyle at the movie theatre, I've tried my best to avoid the entire group bar Scarlett. To say I was mortified would be an understatement, I was afraid that they could suddenly see through me, and they were able to piece together what happened. At first it was easy, Scarlett was beyond understanding, she didn't push me to start having lunch with them again.

What actually broke me was Sammy coming up to me in the hallway with a sheepish smile, he was worried that one of them made me feel uncomfortable or unwelcomed, and he wanted to assure me that everyone enjoyed my presence in the group. It was the innocent sparkle in his eyes, I nearly melted. Logically, I knew all of them, even Lucas as much as it pains me to admit, wouldn't judge me. They've proved that by not paying attention to any of the rumours that are still circulating around me.

I twirl my rings around with my hands before pausing, I can see Sammy and Toby sat at our usual table, laughing together. Part of me afraid, that me going over there would ruin their happiness. But I quickly try and shake them thoughts away.

Autumn, come on.

You can't keep letting your anxiety rule you, it's already been ten days.

You can't be weak anymore.

Just go over there.

I let out a shaky breath before mustering a fake smile on my face, 'H-Hey everyone.'

Sammy's head snaps up, he gives me a smile, 'And she returns!'

Toby's eyes lock onto mine as he gives me a nod, 'We share zero classes, so part of me was worried that you died.'

I raise an eyebrow, 'You thought that I was dead?'

He shrugs, 'Honestly, I was scared for a minuet there.'

Sammy turns to look at him with a confused stare, 'Don't you think, we would have mentioned it?'

'Maybe, you just didn't want to upset me!'

'We still would have told you, if she died.'

Toby holds his hands up in surrender, 'When my dog died, my mom didn't tell me for six months, she pretended that he went off to some farm.'

'You didn't realise your dog was dead for six months?'

'I thought he was on a farm!'

A familiar voice from behind me causes me to startle slightly, 'Is he talking about Sparkles again?'

'Your dog was named Sparkles?' I ask, amusement lacing my tone.

Toby shrugs, 'He looked like a Sparkles, what can I say?'

'Nice to see that the princess, can interact with us mere mortals again.' Lucas says as he takes a seat next to me.

I roll my eyes but play along, 'It was hard to convince the rest of the royal family to let me do so. But eventually they caved.'

He turns to me with a heart-stopping grin, my heart didn't stop though obviously, 'What a shame that they did.'

'Oh, shall I leave?'

'It would be for the best.'

I roll my eyes as I bite the inside of my cheek to stop a smile from forming, I perk up slightly as I see Scarlett bounching over to us, her smile so blinding, I nearly went to cover my eyes.

'Autie! You're back!' She cries out as she takes a seat next to Sammy, 'I waited for you at the library, and you weren't there, so I thought fuck where is she? I literally searched everywhere and I found you!'