AA (2)

While walking in the woods, the twins found a shack. No one was around and it was still good-looking. Empty places, free livings. They walked inside of the empty place and looked around. "I'm glad that we found this place!" Bill said.

"Yeah." Will said. "The shack looks nice."

"Indeed it does." Bill said.

"Should we apply for a job?" Bill asked.

"How else will we pay for food, brother?" Will asked.

"Why so sassy, bro?" Bill asked.

"I—I'm sorry!" Will said, putting his hands on his mouth. "I didn't mean to sound rude, I just—"

"Yeesh, bro, relax!" Bill said, putting his hand on his brother's shoulder. "I'm just joking."

"Sorry. . ." Will said.

"Stop apologising." Bill said.

"Sorry— I mean— Sorry— I—" Will whined out loud.

Bill let out a laugh. "Chill Will!" he said.

"Let's just go out to find a job. . ." Will muttered.

"Sure thing." Bill said.

The two left the shack, parting to opposite ways. Bill had a job idea on his head, a restaurant seemed like a good option, after all, he was a good cook. Actually, he was the only one that wouldn't explode the kitchen between him and his brother.

"What seems to be a good shortcut?" Bill asked.

Bill looked to a path on the woods. He shrugged and walked in. "Why not? What could possibly go wrong?" he asked himself. He entered the woods and started walking, the sounds of birds around him made him feel calm, but for some reason, he felt like there were eyes on him.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Bill was still in the woods, he stopped in front of a familiar tree with mushrooms. "Wasn't I here before?" He looked around, seeing that exact spot was familiar, he walked around in circles. "Okay, this wasn't a good idea."

"Sup." a voice said from behind Bill. "Are you lost, buddy?"

Bill flinched. He turned to the person who stood behind him, he was met by a ginger haired woman with an axe on her hands, on her head was a small wolf head and some fur around it, with horns on top of it, her chest was covered by white tapes.

"Hey. . ." Bill said, trying to look calm. "I kinda am. Who are you?"

"I'm Wendy. Wendy Corduroy." she said. "And you are?"

He reached out to her. "The name's Bill Cipher."

The two shook hands. "Nice meeting you, buddy." Wendy said. "I've watched you since you stepped into those woods, you're looking for the restaurants, right?"

Bill looked at her with widened eyes, yet smiling. "Why are you following me?" he asked.

"I'm not." Wendy said. "I'm the forest itself, that's why I've watched you."

He blinked twice, not actually believing the information he just heard. "Sorry, what?" Bill asked.

"Spirit of the Forest, anthropomorphic form of this city's nature, however you like to say." Wendy said.

The two kept silent, Bill stared at her with a confused look and a smile on his face, Wendy looked back, confused on his confusion. Her expression changed to realisation. "Wait, you didn't know about the city's guardians?" Wendy asked.

Bill kept silent for some more seconds until he finally spoke up. "Guardians?" Bill asked.

"Yes, guardians, protectors of humanity." Wendy said.

". . .I had no idea those even existed." Bill said.

Wendy let out a small chuckle after seconds of embarrassed silence. "Oh my, this is awkward."

"I agree." Bill replied. He turned his tone to whispers. "This gal has some crazy ideas."

"You're looking at me like I'm a crazy woman." Wendy said.

"Me? Pfft, nah!" Bill said. Some branches grabbed Bill, pulling him up on the tree that grabbed him. "Woah! What the—?!"

"Is this proof enough?" Wendy asked.

"Wait, this is you?!" Bill asked.

"I'm the forest, of course that's me." Wendy said.

The branches let him go, making Bill headbutt the ground, he let out a short excited laugh. He stood on all fours. "I can't believe this!" Bill shouted.

"Welcome to Zero Gravity." Wendy said.

"So the supernatural is real?! Entities are real?! This is amazing!" Bill said, now sitting down on the ground.

Bill stood up and rushed towards Wendy. "Tell me, what kind of guardians are there? How many are there?" Bill asked.

"Curious kind, aren't you?" Wendy asked.

"I've always loved everything weird and supernatural! And now I discover it's real? It's true, even devils like me can flee from hell to paradise!" Bill said.

"Huh? What do you mean by that?" Wendy asked.

"It's. . . complicated." Bill said.

"You should get going." Wendy said.

"Wait! But you didn't answer my questions!" Bill said.

"How about I answer them another time, buddy?" Wendy asked.

Bill felt a bit disappointed, but he knew he needed to go, he needed to find a job for himself. He sighed. "Do you know a good restaurant to work?" Bill asked.

"Greasy's Dinner, they need more employees." She pointed to a direction behind Bill. "That way."

"Got it." Bill said. "See ya, spirit!"

Bill waved at Wendy and then ran to the opposite side, she put two fingers together on her forehead and waved back at him with them.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Bill walked back to the shack, he finished his interview and got the job he wanted. Tomorrow would be his first day as a chef on Greasy's Dinner. "Glad I managed to get the cook job, better than being a waiter" Bill thought. "Not offending waiters, I just don't have the patience for it. Imagine having to deal with rude people and not being allowed to fight back? Not for me."

Bill was so distracted he didn't even notice the tree in front of him, walking straight towards it and hitting his head on it, falling back afterwards.

"Ow! What?" Bill asked, putting his hand on his forehead and slowly opening one of his eyes, looking at the tree. He kicked the tree, now paying attention to the sound it made. "Hold on a second. . ."

Bill stood up and walked a bit closer to it, he knocked on it, hearing a sound different from what wood would make. "Metal. . ." Bill muttered.