RAW (3)

"What a show, huh?" Bill asked.

"Yeah. . ." Will said.

The two were walking back to the shack. That night would surely be marked in their lives, it was their first show after all. "And you going onstage? Ha!" Bill said.

"It was embarrassing. . .!" Will said. "I don't know why he made those doves take me out of all people! I mean, look at me! I'm ugly, and I just embarrassed myself onstage!"

"Hold up, what?" Bill asked. "Will, none of those things are true!" Bill stated.

"How are you so sure?" Will asked.

"C'mon, you and Gideon danced in synchrony back there!" Bill said. "And you're not ugly!"

"No?" Will asked.

"C'mon, bro, I would know it!" Bill said. "We're twins!" he added. "Do you think I'm ugly?"

"We're not identical twins, Bill," Will said. "You're strong, handsome, confident. . . Everything I wished to be. . ."

"I'm sure we can change that." Bill said.

"I don't know how. . . But I hope so. . ." Will said.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

At the Tent of Telepathy, Gideon watched the twins through a smoke he made with his staff, hearing their conversation as they walked to their shack. "A shy boy needing to get confidence, huh?" Gideon asked. "How cute." he stated. "I guess widdle ol' me can give you a hand, hm?"

He chuckled softly with a hand in front of his mouth. He glanced at Bill and his smile quickly faded. "I wasn't expecting it to happen while I'm still young. . . We “meet again”, Cipher."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The sun was rising. Will was back to work, a good way to start his Friday was with a good hike. He knocked on a door, it was opened by a lady with purple hair, her name was Tambry. She was gothic, her appearance was of someone in her middle thirties, a chill woman that stays on her phone all day.

"You again?" Tambry asked.

"It's a daily work, misses. . ." Will said.

"Yeah, yeah, give me that," Tambry said. "It's good for smoking."

Will gave her a newspaper and waved at her. She waved back and he left with her closing the door after. "Ms. Tambry is a bit scary." he thought.

He knocked on the door of the next house, it was opened by a tall man with glasses that had a funny hat. "Ah, hello kid! Anything new today?"

"Not much, Mr. Determined." Will said.

Toby Determined, a man that crossed lines for his articles, but none of them were enough for front page.

"Well, anything about me?" Toby asked.

"Sorry, but no. . ." Will said. "They said your article was too crazy and—" he put his free hand in his mouth. "I—I said too much!"

"Oh, they're calling me crazy now?" Toby asked, a bit mad.

"Um. . . Here's your newspaper!" Will said, giving Toby the newspaper. "Bye!"

Will ran out of there, ignoring Toby's calls for him and his demands of knowing more about that, he ran far enough to accidentally skip too many houses. "Oh boy. . ." Will thought. "Well, I can get them after ten minutes. . . Once Mr. Determined calms down."

He walked a bit ahead, seeing a big mansion with a G at the top of it, separated by a gate and a small white marble pavement with some intentional cracks, at the sides of the pavement were gardens with peacocks in them.

"Woah!" Will let out. "I'm jealous of whoever lives here."

Will saw a doorbell besides the big black gates, he ringed it and waited a bit. He stood there for half a minute and looked down. "What if they're busy?" Will asked himself. "Maybe I should leave the newspaper here and—"

The gates were automatically opened, Will looked at the door of the mansion and saw it slightly open. He walked inside and went towards it.

"Um. . . Extra, extra?" Will said. "Why did you say that?!" he thought. "Oh gosh, I'm so stupi—"

The doors were entirely opened by a boy, Will immediately recognised him as his eyes widened a bit, that was him.

Gideon Gleeful.

"Oh. . . Hi widdle ol' you." Will greeted.

Gideon laughed a bit. "Hello, I didn't know my song was catchy."

Will laughed, both genuinely and nervously. "So, am. . . Here."

He handed Gideon a newspaper, Gideon looked at the front page with a smile. "Oh my, those reporters are getting creative those days, aren't they?"

"Y—Yeah. . ." Will said. He kept silent after a minute or two, it was really awkward for him. "I'll just. . . Go." he said. "Bye, Gideon."

Will turned to leave, but before he could, Gideon grabbed his arm. Will turned his head to Gideon with a confused look. "My, there's no need to go yet." Gideon said. "Why don't you stay for some tea?"

"I'm not sure I should," Will said. "I still have a lot of houses to deliver this, and—"

"Oh please, I insist." Gideon said.

"I'm sorry, but if I take too long I'll end up being too late with those deliveries." Will said. "And if I'm late, I'm gonna get scolded. . . especially if they find out that I stopped for tea."

"Don't worry, I can deal with that problem for you." Gideon said. "After all, the town adores me."

He winked at Will, who just looked away, still a bit nervous. "Okay then. . ." Will said. "If you insist. . ."

Gideon gave Will some space, Will went inside of the mansion and Gideon closed the door behind him. "So, how do you like it?"

Will looked around in shock and amazement, he had never seen a place that fancy in his entire life! Especially personally! The peacock decoration and the fountains around, the glass windows, the blue and golden colours, it was like seeing a dream.

"This is so pretty!" Will said.

"I'm glad you like the Gleeful manor." Gideon said, smiling. "You can put the newspapers over there."

Will put the newspapers in a table Gideon pointed to, he followed Gideon to a big red couch, he sat down on it. "Comfy."

Gideon smiled. "I'm glad you think so."

Will looked at him surprised, a bit scared as well. "I didn't say anything. . ."

"I know." Gideon said. "I read your mind."

"You. . . Did?" Will asked.

"Yes, I did." Gideon said. "Think of anything, go ahead."

"Don't think anything stupid, he could be lying, but he could be telling the truth." Will thought.

"I'm not lying, but I understand you doubt me." Gideon said. "Also, don't worry about what you think, what happens here stays here."

"What? He did it again!" Will thought. ". . .I hate myself because I'm not like my brother."

". . .You hate yourself because you're not like your brother?" Gideon asked.

Will looked to the side. "So he can actually read minds. . ." he glanced back to Gideon. "What are you?"

"Do you want to talk about it?" Gideon asked.

"Answer my question!" Will exclaimed. ". . .Please."

"Okay, I'll answer you." Gideon said. "Know that I mean no harm to you." he stated. "I am a guardian."