AA (3)

Bill passed his hand on the fake wood of the tree, seeing an edge on it, then pushing it out. Inside of there was a mechanism with levers.

"Okay, this is weird." Bill said.

He pulled a lever twice, then he pulled the other once, the sound of something opening behind him made him look back, seeing a square hole on the ground. A golden light came out of the hole, one that glowed a lot at first, but lowered itself seconds later. Bill approached it, taking a peek, he saw a red book with a golden hand and a number three inside of the hole, a grin was formed on his face.

"Isn't this interesting?" Bill asked.

He took the book from the hole and blew on it, he then opened it, seeing on the first page written "Property of Stanford Pines."

"Stanford Pines?" Bill asked himself. "Weird. . . that name— it sounds familiar. But I never heard of a Stanford Pines in my life."

The page besides it had written "Vol. 3" on it, Bill passed the page, seeing the things on the book made his grin grow slowly at each word and page he read. "I can't believe this. . . I can't. . . believe this!" Bill said.

He closed the book and stood up, raising it with his arms. "This is a journal, no, a treasure!" Bill shouted, bringing the journal close to his chest and hugging it while laughing. "This is perfect!" He looked at the journal's cover, still grinning a lot. "Like a perfect world.."

"What are you doing?" Will asked, behind Bill.

Bill flinched, not expecting the sudden appearance of his brother. He turned to Will. "Yeesh, what's with people suddenly appearing behind me?" Bill asked.

"Sorry. . . I didn't mean to scare you." Will said.

"It's fine, bro." Bill said.

"So. . . what's this?" Will asked, pointing to the journal in Bill's hands.

"This. . . is going to change our lives." Bill said.

Will looked at his brother, confused, silently. ". . .A — book — will change our lives?" he asked.

"Don't judge a book by its cover!" Bill said. "This in my hands has actual magic!"

"M—M—Magic?" Will asked. "You believe this now?"

"At first I didn't believe in magic, but when I met that Wendy girl I knew it was real." Bill said.

"Oh. . . You met her too." Will muttered.

"What?" Bill asked.

"She's, um. . . I met her too." Will said.

"Oh, nice." Bill said. "So you believe me."

"I do. . ." Will said. "But that's doesn't seem that good."

"Then look into my eyes and tell me you'll help me with my new plan." Bill said.

"Plan? What plan?" Will asked.

"The plan of giving us both a better life, the perfect life." Bill said. "We can use this magic to become so much better! To discover so much more! Just imagine it!" he turned to the journal. "Maybe," his smile grew. "We can change reality!"

The idea seemed good to Will, but yet, he wasn't really confident in it. "What about the guardians? Would they approve of this idea?"

"Pfft, as if we should care." Bill said. "If they don't mess with us, we won't mess with them, right?"

Will kept silent for some seconds before he gave his brother a response. "Right. . ."

"Let's go back to the shack now." Bill said. "So, tell me, how was the interview?"

The younger twin lowered his head, a bit ashamed. "I didn't get the job. . ." Will said, almost crying. "I'll take a while to actually find one, I'm sorry Bill!"

"Hey hey, it's fine Will, chill." Bill said, pulling his brother closer and patting his head. "You'll find somewhere to work, I believe in you."

"Thank you, Bill." Will said, in a crying voice, hugging his brother.

"You're welcome, crybaby." Bill said.

"I'm not a crybaby!" Will shouted.

"You're crying right now." Bill said.

Will kept silent, he and Bill stared at each other, soon, Will actually let out some tears, putting his hands on his hair.

"You're right, I'm a crybaby!" Will said. "I'm sorry!"

"Woah woah woah, please calm down!" Bill said.

"But you're right. . ." Will said.

Bill pulled his brother close and hugged him again. "I'm sorry, okay?" Bill said.

Seconds later, Will wiped his tears away and smiled, looking at his brother. "I forgive you."

Bill looked at him with an indignant look, his face was priceless enough to make Will let out a small laugh as he walked away, being followed by Bill afterwards. "You manipulative blue head!" Bill said.

"I'm not manipulative." Will said. "I just don't like being called a crybaby."

"Sure." Bill muttered.

Not two seconds passed when Bill's grin grew and his eyes shone like stars. "I have an idea!" Bill said. "Why don't we test the journal?"

"Right now?" Will asked.

"Right now!" Bill answered.

"Um. . . okay. . . I guess. . ." Will said, muttering the last two words.

The two went further into the forest, trying to find the perfect spot for their practice. Little did they know they were always being watched.