Chapter 7: Goodbye

Naruto is walking through the village, getting side eyes from many of the villagers. Everyone is talking about the situation with Naruto being banished from the village. Some said some insults towards Naruto as he was walking by; which made him feel down. "Hey kit, can we have a little talk?" "Sure Kurama." Naruto replied. "I wanted to tell you when you become a chunin but as you can see, you won't be able to. I am going to tell you now." Naruto is walking patiently, waiting for what Kurama is going to tell him. "Why don't I train you?" Naruto's eyes widened in shock. "Are you foreal!! I would love to be trained by you!!" Naruto said urgently which caused a smile to pop up on Kurama's face. "I'm glad you want to be trained. Go ahead and pack up your things in your apartment." Kurama said, which received a humming sound from Naruto, letting him know he is going to hurry. Naruto ran to his apartment, happily, and started packing his things when all of a sudden he heard a loud banging noise on his door. Naruto stopped what he was doing and stood there quietly, "Should I answer?" "No, I feel something dangerous on the other side of the door." Kurama said quickly in response to Naruto's question. A couple seconds later they saw someone trying to open the door in response, Naruto hid in a secret room in the walls that he found while he was living there. The doorknob jiggled a couple of times before he heard the door open and hearing the one voice he will never forget. "Where are you demon?~''Kiba said.

Naruto starts freaking out when he finds out Kiba is there, maybe his whole gang is. Kiba started kicking things left and right, "We know you are here, demon!~ Your siblings told us your location!" Sakura said as she started kicking things around the place. All Naruto could hear is people knocking things down and taunting, trying to draw him out. He felt nervous until he remembered the second way out of the house. He quietly moved to the side and pulled the fake floor up and put it next to him. Revealing a mini square door on the floor. He slowly opened the door on the floor which made a creaking sound and alerted the other konohas. "What was that?" Ino asked with a nervous tone. "I don't know," Sakura replied. "It's obviously a door. He's trying to escape. Quick! Everyone looks for a fake wall or floor!" Shikamaru said urgently. Everyone starts looking around, feeling the floors and walls to see if any of them are fake until Sasuke and Choji reveal a hole in the wall, covered by a poster. "Guys look!" Choji yelled which drew attention from the others. Everyone walks over to Choji and sees a hole in the wall. On the other side you can see wooden planks on the floor, next to a door in the floor which is open. "Dang it! He escaped! Everyone, let's go outside and catch him there!" Sasuke said and in return everyone ran out of the abandoned apartment and started running around to see where he went. "Come on guys! He couldn't have gone that far!" Kyomi exclaimed and everyone ran. When the close was clear someone popped their head out, "I think they are gone." Naruto said while whispering and crawled out of the room. "Let's get out of here before they find us." Kurama said. Naruto got out of the ball and ran out through the back.

      Naruto is walking towards the gate by taking the alleyways to avoid any suspicion or running into the Konohas. "Wow..This is really happening. I saw it coming but I didn't think it would come this soon." "Same here." Kurama replied to Naruto's statement. "Even though I don't want to be here, I will miss this place." Naruto said. "I understand. You don't have the best memories but they are something to remember." Kurama said. "True. I mean it is better than nothing, that's for sure. My favorite memories are with you." Naruto said with a smile on his face. "I'm gla-DUCK!" Kurama said urgently. Naruto ducks on time, looks forwards and sees a fireball flying over him. "They found us." Naruto thought. He turns around and sees Kiba, Sasuke, Kyomi, and Neji. "You really thought you were going to leave this village without saying goodbye~" Kiba said. "Well goodbye." Naruto said as he started running but was stopped by Sakura, Ino, Choji, and Shikamaru. "Hmm~ I wonder where Hinata is." "She's probably at home like usual. Neji never lets her go out and participate in violent activities, especially with Kiba around." Naruo replied to Kuama's question. "Where do you think you're going?" Ino said as everyone started getting closer to him. "What do you want?!" Naruto yelled. Sasuke all of sudden starts laughing along with the rest of the Konahas. "You really thought I was going to leave without a beating?! I mean, come on, this will be our last time we ever see you, so why don't we leave some marks as a sign of remembrance of us ?" Sasuke said with a grin on his face and they started getting closer. " Naruto, let me take over." Kurama said and in response felt Naruto going into the mindscape. On the outside you could see his eyes all of a sudden turning red. "GUYS IT'S THE NINE TAILS!! RUN!!" Sakura yelled. They all start running except Sasuke and Kiba who are just standing there. "Why are you guys still here?" Naruto asked as he got up and brushed dirt off of his clothes. "We aren't scared of you like they are." "Yeah," Sasuke said and Kiba replied to his comment. "What are you going to do then?" "We are going to beat you up, ourselves!" Kiba replied to Naruto's question. Kiba starts cracking his knuckles while Sasuke is just standing there. Naruto is standing in front of them, waiting for them to attack. Kiba rushed towards Naruto and threw a punch at Naruto. Naruto used his hand to block his punch and put his foot out and tripped Kiba, causing him to fall forwards. While Naruto was holding him down Sasuke came up behind him, sending a kick to his face. Naruto caught his foot and pulled it, causing him to fall. "Are you done?" "Not yet. We are just getting started." Kiba exclaimed and held on to Naruto's leg while Sasuke grabbed one of his arms, pulled it, and caused him to fall forwards. Kiba got up along with Sasuke and both went for a stump to his back. They made contact with Naruto's back and he all of a sudden turned into a puff of smoke. "WHAT THE- WHERE DID HE GO!?" Kiba shouted. "It was a clone, you dumbutt!" Sasuke replied.

      Naruto is running and breathing hard through the alleyways with Kurama next to him running also. "I think we are far enough," Kurama said as he started slowing down along with Naruto. "Thank you for teaching me that. It really comes in handy." "No problem." Kurama said, responding to Naruto. "I was really hoping to go around the village one more time without being noticed, before I leave. "There really aren't any good memories, only negative ones. Why do you want to look at everything?" Kurama asked with a confused expression on his face. "Yes, there are bad memories everywhere but there are good ones too, like in my room. Yes, it is a place where I always cry in there but it is the same place where I first met you. At the school, Iruka-sensei is always there for me when I need him. The abandoned apartment has some memories too, maybe the best." As Naruto said these things a smile grew on his face. "I never thought about those moments." "Well, we are about to make more memories out there in the world where no one can tell us what we can and cannot do." Naruto said all loud and proud with an annoyed fox next to him.

       Naruto walks to the academy where he sees Iruka-sensei sitting down on the ground, looking up at the sky. "Mind if I join you." Naruto asked Iruka and in response he got a nod. Naruto proceeds to sit down and looks up at the sky along with him in silence. "I will miss you and Kurama. I wish I could do something to help you guys." "It is okay Iruka-sensei. We all know whatever you do nothing will work, not with the mindset everyone in this village has. Like what you always say 'There are things that are in your league and there are things that aren't.'" Naruto said while looking up at the sky. Iruka-sensei is really feeling down knowing his favorite student is banned from the village because of something he didn't do. "iruka-sensei , it will be okay. I may not be here but I will never forget you for as long as I live." Naruto said this with a smile on his face and suddenly felt something against his leg. "We will never forget you." Kurama said as he laid on Naruto's lap. "Hey Kurama....please watch over him. He may seem tough but he is still a child with struggles, feels nervous around others, and he still has negative thoughts. So, please....protect him on the other side of these gates. It is more dangerous out there than it is here meaning he will experience some struggles and some troubles." Iruka said while looking down at Kurama who was looking up at him. "Don't worry Iruka, I will." Kurama said with a reassuring smile. Naruto got up and started walking away but stopped and looked back at his teacher. "Goodbye, Iruka-sensei" Naruto said, turned around and continued walking away from his teacher. Naruto feels sad knowing he won't be able to see him again. He was the only one who ever cared for him, the only one that was nice to him, and feels safe around. Iruka feels down like he has no one left in his life that he cares about. Naruto was like a son to him and it hurts him knowing his son is leaving him. Iruka doesn't know whether or not he will see him but as much as he wants that to happen, he knows he will be happier out there; which is all he cares about. Him being free.

    Naruto is walking through the village, to the gate where he sees most of the villagers waiting. None of them were paying attention until a sudden shout distrubed everyone and drawl all of their attention on to Naruto, "LOOK EVERYONE, IT'S THE DEMON!!" A random villager yelled and in response everyone started yelling in excitement that he is finally leaving. As Naruto was walking through the crowd all he heard was insults left and right. It triggered him for a bit but was able to make it out without panicking. Naruto walked through the gate and went into the woods. After some time Naruto stopped and turned around and looked at the gate of the village. "Welp...We are not in the village anymore." Naruto said. "No we are not and that is a good thing. We will meet many challenges but at least we will be able to make more memories to replace the bad ones." Kurama said.