Chapter 15: Anger and Sadness

Everyone is standing there with dumbfounded faces. "Are you serious man?" Sasuke asked. "Yeah man, are you really asking him to spar with you? We barely even know the guy and you already want to fight," Choji said. Choji said as he ate a piece of chips. "Come on man, don't you have a mission in 2 hour from now?" Iruka-sensei asked. "Like you said, it's in 2 hours. I have some time to spar," Menma said with a grin. Everyone looked at Naruto, waiting for his response. Menma is looking at Naruto with a grin on his face while Naruto is staring at him, with no expression on his face. Almost as if he is tired of his shenanigans. "You're really considering fighting him?" Kiba asked. Naruto is standing there not responding to neither Menma's nor Kiba's question. "Are you going to fight, Naruto?" Kurama asked. "Sure, I'll fight," Naruto said out loud for everyone to hear. "Great, let's go," Menma said. Menma turned around and walked to the middle of the field along with Naruto and Minato. "This is really happening, I hope he will be ok-" Kushina was interrupted with a sudden pain in her chest. It felt like she had been stabbed in the heart by a dagger and was burned with fire. She started grabbing her chest and fell to her knees. Everyone who was around her all looked at Kushina with worried faces. "Are you okay Lady Kushina?" Choji asked after dropping his bag of chips. Iruka-sensei and Shikamaru walked to both sides of Kushina, holding her shoulders to make sure she didn't fall forward. "I'm okay now. I don't know what just happened but I felt a sharp pain in my chest out of nowhere," Kushina said while breathing hard. "Did you eat something bad, mom,?" Naruto asked. "No, it only started after I thought about Nahama," Kushina replied. After Kushina replied her chest started hurting again. Started agonizing in pain like she did before. "Does it still hurt now," Iruka asked. "No..It just hurts worse after saying what I just said," Kushina said as a tear went down her face. Everyone looked at each other, not knowing what to do. "Let me do my medical ninjutsu to try to soothe the pain," Sakura said as she bent down on her knees. "That is not a good idea, We don't know exactly what is going on with her body. It will be best if we don't do it," Iruka said urgently. "We should call Hokage Minato-sama over here. He probably knows what to do," Ino said as she turned around to yell for him to come over but was stopped by Sasuke. "Wait Ino! Lady Kushina, you said it started as soon as you thought about Nahama, correct?" Sasuke asked. Kushina didn't reply but simply nodded. "Okay, stop thinking about him. Think about something else," Sasuke said. Kushina closed her eyes and thought about something else. All of a sudden, the pain went away. "How do you feel now," Shikamaru asked. "I feel better," Kushina replied. Shikamaru and Iruka-sensei helped Kushina up on her feet. "I don't understand what happened," Kushina said. "But we do. Same thing that happened to you, happened to all of us. We felt a similar pain like you did except it was like a pinch. It happened after we met Nahama and they left the restaurant yesterday," Neji said. "As soon as we stopped talking about him, the pain went away," Kiba said. "That is the samthing Naruto told me," Iruka thought. "Hey Iruka-sensei, did you have the same sensation too?" Sakura asked. "No, I haven't," Iruka replied. "That's weird," Sasuke said. All of a sudden they heard a big explosion and turned around to where the sound came from.

          They came down to where they were and waited till the smoke disappeared. The smoke disappeared, leaving Naruto standing and Menma laying on the ground, knocked out. "WHAT HAPPENED?" Kushina yelled as she ran to Menma who was lying unconscious on the ground. "I don't know what he did, but somehow he countered Menma's rasengan back to him," Minato said with a shocked face. "HE DID WHAT?!" Everyone yelled.

What happened 15 minutes ago

            Minato, Naruto, and Menma have reached the middle of the field. Menma and Naruto went to the side of the field, ready to fight. "Okay, Menma I already know you know the rules but I will repeat them for Nahama. The only rule to this spar is to not kill one another. If one is conscious, don't continue. When you are ready, do your seal and when I say go, you shall begin," Minato exclaimed. Naruto looked at Minato, confused. "Are you confused, Nahama?" Minato asked. "....What is the seal?" Naruto asked. "It is what you're supposed to do before you have a spar with each other. You fight each other with all you have but you guys will still be comrades until the end," Minato explained. "I don't want to be a comrade with a smelly spoiled brat," Naruto thought. Naruto nodded and put up his hand, the same Menma is. "I'm going to crush this little turde," Menma thought with a grin on his face. "Ready....Set....GO!" Minato yelled.