Chapter 13: Hide and Seek part1

Naruto and the two little girls walked outside to be greeted with a bunch of little kids. All of the kids ran to Naruto and gave him a big hug. "What should we do first?" A little boy asked. "I don't know guys, what do you guys want to do?" Naruto asked. All of the kids went into a big huddle and started to disgust each other about what they should do. Some of the kids peeked out of the huddle to make sure Naruto didn't try to hear what they were talking about. As if they are having a meeting. "What do you think they are talking about, Kurama?" Naruto asked Kurama. "I don't know but you should be scared," Kurama replied. "What do you mean?" Naruto asked. Naruto looked forward to seeing all of the kids discharged from the huddle and looked at him with a mischievous grin. "Okay, I see what you are talking about," Naruto said. "We have come up with a decision," one of the boys yelled. "We have decided to....." All of the kids stopped talking, giving it a dramatic effect. They sure were enjoying the dramatic pause but Naruto wasn't. Naruto felt a big lump in his throat. Naruto was nervous and didn't know what to do. He couldn't move, breathe, nor blink. He feels like he will die if he moves a single muscle. " play hide and seek!!" all of the kids said in unison. Naruto let out a big sigh due to him holding his breath for so long. "Why do I feel like there is a but?" Naruto thought. "But we are doing it our way," one of the girls said. "And there it is," Naruto thought, receiving a chuckle from Kurama. "Who are you laughing at, mister, I'm sleepy 24/7?" Naruto said annoyed. "I am laughing at a boy who is about to get his butt whooped by a group of kids," Kurama replied with a grin. Naruto made an annoyed sound, loud enough for the kids to hear. "You don't have to play if you don't want to," a little girl said while holding onto his shirt. Naruto got out of his thoughts and looked down at the little girl holding his shirt. NAruto crouched to her level and said, "Don't worry, I will play with you guys. I was just thinking about something." With him saying that made all of the kids happy. "Let's go to our secret place!" One of the kids shouted. All of the kids agreed with him and led Naruto to the 'secret place'.

They reached the 'secret place' and it turned out to be a big area with a bunch of trees, space, and a lake. Similar to where he trains. "Alright Nahama, this is how we play it. There will be one hider while everyone else seeks. If you have been found, you have to run away from all of the seekers and try not to get tapped," One of the girls explained. "Okay, this doesn't seem too bad," Naruto thought. "There is a catch though," one of the boys said. "I was mistaken," Naruto thought. "The seekers are allowed to use their ability in order to get the hider," the boy said. "But the hider can't use their abilities. The farthest you can use is shadow clones. That's it," one of the little girls said. "Okay...Who is going to be the hider?" Naruto asked. None of the kids said anything but looked at him. "I'm the hider, aren't I?" Naruto asked. All of the kids nodded their heads in response to the question. Naruto let out a sigh and agreed to the game, leaving the kids with a happy smile. "This is going to be interesting," Kurama thought.

The kids start counting and Naruto is finding a hiding spot. Naruto is looking for a good spot but knon of them are good enough. "He kit, you just left a good spot, why?" Kurama asked. "The kids call this area their 'secret place'. There's a chance that they know this area like the back of their hands. They probably know where all of the good places are," Naruto said. "In that case, there really isn't any place you can hide," Kurama said. "The only thing I can do is run," Naruto said. "You know, for someone who is playing a game, you sure are taking this seriously," Kurama said. "Realy?" Naruto asked. "Yes you are. You are constantly thinking of the most terrible scenarios as if someone is out to kill you. I think you should take a month off of training," Kurama said. "I may be taking this seriously. More than I should be but I don't know any of their abilities, nor fighting styles. I don't know if they are strong, fast, or a smart fighter. It will be best to take precaution then just shooting in the dark," Naruto said. "If that is the case then why are you running around as if you are looking for a hiding spot?" Kurama asked. "I am looking around, remembering the area so I know where I can go if I get in a sticky situation," Naruto said. "You're going to lose," Kurama said. "May I ask why you think that?" Naruto asked. "If you can't remember where you put your sword, what makes you think you can remember this area?" Kurama asked. "Hey!! It was one time," Naruto said. " How about your way back to the house? What about when you got lost in the village that is a mile from the house? What abou-" Kurama was interrupted by Naruto. "Okay, Okay, I get it. I am really forgetful," Naruto said. ".........You forget all of the important things but never your Ramen," Kurama said quickly. "KURA-" "Here we not, Here we come!!!" Naruto was interrupted with the fading shout from the kids. "It looks like they are coming," Naruto said.

The kids started looking around the woods from top to bottom. There was one group taking the high ground while the other was taking the low ground. "What in the world? These kids are crazy," Naruto said. One of the kids used their ability and was able to see heat coming from the tree below them. "3B!" One of the kids shouted. All of the kids including Naruto heard her yell. Naruto wasn't sure what that was about until he started hearing rattling noises coming all around him. Naruto peeked from where he was and saw the kids that were taking the low ground looking around him. "Hmm interesting, they have code names for each area," Kurama said. "Yeah, and I am surrounded," Naruto thought. "Looks like you are in a sticky situation," Kurama said. "Looks like you are in a wet situation," Naruto said. "....What?" Kurama asked. "Nevermind, forget I said that," Naruto thought quickly in embarrassment. "Hey kit, do you hear that?" Kurama asked. Naruto stopped thinking and listened carefully to his surroundings. "There isn't any noise. Where could they have gone?" Naruto thought. Naruto peeked from his hiding spot and looked around. He didn't see a single person. Naruto kept looking around to receive a kunai towards his face. Naruto barely dodged the kunai and soon received more. Naruto continued dodging the Kunais that were coming at him left and right. "They are around me but why haven't they come to touch me?" Naruto thought. Naruto kept dodging until he heard a sudden crack of a stick. "Behind!" NAruto thought and jumped onto the tree branch above him. He looked down to see a girl laying on the ground. "Dang it!" the little girl said. Naruto all of a sudden felt weight added onto the branch. He looks up to the kids slowly walking to him. Naruto was going to let go but felt something was stopping him from doing so. Naruto looked at his hand to see some sticky substance that was connecting his hand to the branch. Naruto heard a chuckle from a little boy. He tracked down the sound to see a little boy standing there with a smirk on his face. "Okay now you're really in a sticky situation," Kurama said while laughing. "You're not helping with the situation, Kurama," Naruto thought. The kids on the branch got closer and closer. Naruto started squirming around, trying to get out but failed. Soon, the kid on the end of the branch finally reached him and touched his head. ""We got you!" The boy said cheerfully. The kids started cheering until they heard a chuckle come from Naruto. They draw their attention to Naruto. "Are you sure about that?" Naruto siad. Next thing you know, Naruto poofed into a puff of smoke, leaving the kids in shock. "It was a shadow clone," one of the girls exclaimed. All of the kids started looking around but not behind them.

Naruto chicken to himself and ran off. "That was a close one," Naruto said. "Sure was," Kurama replied. Naruto kept running and saw a puddle up ahead. By the time Naruto reached the puddle a hand came out of it. "Shoot!" Naruto thought. Naruto stopped and ran the other way. Naruto smelled something burning coming close to him. "Naruto, BEHIND," Kurama yelled. Naruto jumped and landed on a branch. Naruto looked down to see a fire ball going past him. Naruto turned around to see three girls looking at Naruto. "We found you," one of the girls said. Naruto started jumping from tree to tree while being chased by the three girls. "They are fast," Naruto thought. Naruto kept going until something came from both sides. He looked to see two of the girls next to him. He looked back to see the same girl who shot a fireball towards him behind him. "They splitted up," Kurama said. "I wonder what they are up to," Naruto thought. They had been jumping from tree to tre for a good minute. Naruto isn't getting tired but he could tell the three girls are. "Looks like they are getting tired," Naruto thought. Naruto soon saw a couple of shadows above him. He looked up to see some kids flying in the air. "Since when can Shinobis fly?!" Naruto thought. "Look up ahead!" Kurama yelled. Naruto looked forward to seeing the rest of the kids ahead of him. Naruto kept running forward towards the kids head of him while the three girls got closer to him, Including the ones above. "They are getting closer," Kurama said. "I know," Naruto replied. Some of the kids threw their kunais out and some are getting ready to do a jutsu. All of a sudden a boy yelled, "NOW!" All of the kids threw their kunais and jutsus in Naruto. Naruto stopped jumping and dropped down, dodging all of their attacks, leaving a big explosion. The smoke in the air disappeared and the kids have no sign of the black haired boy. "Aww man, we lost him again," the girl whined. "Come on, he couldn't have gone far," the boy said. All of the kids splitted apart and continued to search.

    Once all of the kids left the area Naruto popped out of the hole in the log, on the ground. "I told you looking around would come in handy," Naruto said. "I am impressed......you remembered the spot," Kurama said. Naruto growled in annoyance. "Hey don't growl at me and keep moving. If they found you before, they will find you again soon," Kurama said. Naruto got out of the log and ran.