Chapter 9: Preperation to Opening Up

Ever since Naruto met the female ninja she has been teaching him things that she specialize in and she leaves all the chakra and jutsus to Kurama. With her doing that, Naruto has gotten stronger, strength wise, faster, and his thought process has improved. She even taught him how to use a katana. Outside her training Naruto got better with his taijutsu, and ninjutsu. In his free time he would work on his shadow clone and his sword style. Kurama and the female ninja can see the improvement in Naruto's skills from both sides. Kurama is proud of Naruto for not giving up, no matter how hard it is, while the ninja looks like she is sad. Kurama noticed it but kept quiet. Naruto is currently training outside in the woods close to the house.

"998...999..1000," Naruto said as he put his katana into his scabbard and said, "That's enough for today. Kurama, what do you want me to do for your training? ...Kurama?" Naruto is waiting for Kurama's response to his question. Naruto goes to the mindscape and sees he is asleep. Naruto got an idea and tip-toed towards Kurama's ears and yelled "KURAMA!!" Kurama jumped and then looked at him with an angry face. "WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" "I was calling you before but you wouldn't answer." Naruto said with his arms crossed. "You have 5 seconds to tell me what you want before I kick you out of here." "I finished my push ups; what do you want me to do now?" Naruto responded to Kurama quickly. "You can take the rest of the day off. You haven't had a break in a while so i think it will be best for you to take one. Remember, you're still a kid." Kurama said genuinely. "Okay" Naruto responded and started fading away but suddenly stopped. "Wait, Kurama, why haven't you come out yet? Is it because you don't want to or you don't want her to see you?" Naruto asked. "It's both actually. I don't feel like coming out and I don't think it's a good idea for me to come out when she's around, especially when she hasn't told us anything about herself. Why should I let her know more and more about us if she isn't willing to tell us something about her? We've been here for 6 months now and we still don't know her name," Kurama said. "What you are trying to say is, until she opens up to us then we will tell her more things about ourselves including meeting you." Naruto said and in return Kurama nodded. The both of them sat there in silence and all of a sudden Naruto felt something cold on their foreheads. "Why does my forehead feel cold?" Naruto asked while touching his head. "You can feel things outside of your body too so it's probably that." Kurama suggested that Naruto fade away out of his mindscape to see the female ninja sitting next to him. The female ninja looks up and sees Naruto awake. "Oh my gosh! Naruto, are you okay? I found you laying on the ground passed out. I told you you need to relax and take a break here and there." The female ninja said in a rush. "Don't worry I am fine, I just went into my mindscape." "Your mindscape?" The female ninja questioned. "Yea it's a jinchuriki(gen-a-chur-key) thing. I can go into my mind and I can talk to the nine tails" Naruto said with a smile on his face. "Okay. Just be careful next time." "I will." With that Naruto got up and left the female ninja in the base by herself. She is sitting there in silence and all of a sudden hears a deep voice, "You should tell him now. You never know if he will change his mind and leave. We need someone to pass it down to." "I know. I will tell him at the right time." The female ninja said and the voice fades away while saying, "Do it before it's too late."

     Naruto reached outside and looked up at the sky. "Today is a beautiful day isn't it, Kurama?" Naruto asked and in return said "Yea, you got that right, Naruto." They both stood there for a moment and all of a sudden heard a growl from Naruto's stomach. "Looks like someone is hungry." Kurama said and in return got a nod. Naruto looked down from the sky and started walking in the opposite direction from the village he usually goes to. "Naruto, where are you going?" Kurama asked. "I am going to the Leaf village." Naruto said calmly. Kurama got out of Naruto and stood in front of Naruto, " wow wow wow. Did you say you are going to the village where everyone neglects, bullies, and traumatizes you all your life? Not to mention your 'family'." Kurama said with an upset tone. "Yeah. What's wrong with that?" Naruto asked and walked around Kurama and continued the way he was going. Kurama ran in front of Naruto's way again and said, "Are you insane?! Are you really going back to THAT village? After everything they have done to you." Did you hit your head too hard when you came into the mindscape 30 minutes ago?" "Kurama, I am fine, it's just I want to know what they have done while I was gone. How much progress they made, how much did the village increase, and....how much happier they are." Naruto said with a sad tone. Kurama can see Naruto trying not to cry for the sake of him. "Sit down for a second, Naruto." Kurama said. Naruto sat down in front of Kurama on the nearest log. "Look kid, going somewhere where you have been traumatized isn't good for your mental health. The best thing for a person who has experienced trauma is to get away from it. Plus, you've only been banished from the village for how long...a couple of months and you want to go there? I don't think your mentality can handle that and your facial features haven't changed, meaning there is a high chance they will recognize you." Kurama said with a concerning tone. Naruto can tell by Kurama's voice that he isn't okay with the fact he wants to go to a place, nothing more than trauma and doesn't want him to get more hurt than he already did. Naruto got up and sat next to Kurama and said, "Don't worry Kurama. I will be using a mask so they won't be able to tell it is me." Kurama sat there quietly and sighed deeply. "Fine...but we will need to change your hair color." Kurama said as he went back into Naruto, leaving a smiling boy. "Okay, let's go to one of the villages." Naruto got up and walked towards the village they usually go to.