ii. red arrow

Roy Harper, or as most people know him, Speedy, wasn't that hard to tolerate.

Dinah warned her about how Roy was rough around the edges and sometimes was a hothead. But maybe that's what made them get along so well.

"How'd you meet Canary?" The redhead asked as he sat on the couch. The girl sat on the other side, criss-cross-apple-sauce style.

The two were alone as Canary and Arrow had to discuss something in private. Rowan watched him and lied to his face, "She's my aunt. What about you? How'd you meet the amazing Green Arrow?"

Roy chuckled a little at her sarcasm, "Uncle." He pointed towards her, "Y'know, you're not too bad, kid."

Rowan gave him an offended look, "What did you think I was going to act like?"

"A fifteen-year-old."

The girl rolled her eyes playfully. She was starting to like Roy, he was fun, "Well, fuck you too, then."

The boy smiled, but it quickly dropped, making the girl frown, "You're joining the new team, correct?"

"Correct," The girl nodded. She wondered where this was going. Does he not want her to join? Does he think of her as a threat? Or that she isn't good enough? Cause trust her, she's good enough.

He hesitated, the girl could tell he was thinking of how to word it correctly, "They're good people." Rowan could tell he cut it short, instead of saying what he really wanted to, but she didn't pressure him.

Rowan started to close herself off once she found Roy doing the same. She didn't know what happened, but she expected the worst outcome.

The girl sat back, sitting normally. She didn't want to ask him what was wrong because then it showed more weakness than she already displayed.

"Do you even have that much experience?"

The question shocked her but made sure not to show it. Where the hell did this come from?

Rowan faced him once again, ready to argue back with him. But, realized he just wanted to make sure she didn't hurt his friends.

"I'm not going to hurt your friends if that's what you think." She could see that his eyes were still cold toward her, "Trust me, I have more experience in my fifteen years than you will have in the next thirty years."

Roy stood up, clearly irritated, "Oh please, you can say whatever you want, but you know you'll never be good enough for my team."

Rowan scoffed, "How about you shove that arrow so far up your–"

"Ladies, ladies, what happened?" Arrow walked in with a frown, Canary following. Rowan continued to glare into Roy's eyes.

Rowan spoke up before Roy had the chance, "Why don't you ask your sidekick?"

The redhead was about to lunge at her, but Arrow grabbed him by the shoulder. Canary stepped in between the two, "I don't care what happened. You two will be on the same team in a few days." Rowan's hard exterior cracked a little. So much for making a friend on the new team. "So, work it out. Or, your new team will never make it out of there alive."

Roy sighed as the brunette crossed her arms out of stubbornness, "I'm sorry that you get angry easily."

The girl was petty, but she also knew where to draw the line, "I'm sorry that you get so offended easily." She paused trying to think of a non-sarcastic way to say her next few words, "I'm glad we will be on the same team." The two mentors nodded, proud of their work. Since nobody else was going to say something, Rowan had to, "What? You want us to hug it out or something now?"

Arrow laughed, "That would be preferred."

"Good thing you're not a therapist," Roy quipped back, making Rowan laugh.

She gave him a fist bump, "Nice."

Canary chuckled, "Alright, Rowan. Let's go."

The girl nodded and did a little handshake with the redhead, making both blondes quirk an eyebrow, but let it go.

The superhero, Rogue, stood on top of the edge of the building. She was balancing herself as she looked below for any sign of thugs. Black Canary watched an alley that was all too familiar with robberies.

"So, personally, I wouldn't let that slide–" Rogue told her story today at school, "–so, I grabbed him and shoved him into a locker."

Canary sighed and shook her head, "You sound like a bully, Rogue"

"No, I'm just saving my lunch from being eaten by a bumbling idiot."

Rogue wore a domino mask with an all-black tight suit that hugged every feature of hers. There was grey armor along her chest and by her stomach region.

The wind whizzed past her and it was quiet for a second. Nothing was heard, no screams, no honking from cars below. Just complete silence. But, silence always brought back bad memories, making her wish for the screams and the yells. Cause then at least her mind could be distracted.

Then there was a scream to their left, Rogue quietly raced toward the edge of the building and saw three thugs grabbing onto two of these ladies.

Rogue shook her head, "Fuckin' men."

Canary made eye contact with her and they both nodded. With that, they jumped down on top of two of the three thugs. They made an 'oof' sound as they fell to the ground. Rogue quickly grabbed the guy's head and smashed it against the pavement, successfully knocking him out.

The third thug grabbed her from behind and started to drag her off his friend. He wrapped his arm around her neck, but Rogue snapped her head back, successfully hearing a crack coming from his nose.

The thug let go of her, holding his nose, "You bitch!"

The girl cracked her knuckles, "Well, what am I here for?" She raced towards him, punching him in the face, making him stagger back. He threw a punch, but she fell to the floor and swept him off his feet with her leg. Rogue jumped on him, holding his arms down with her knees.

"I'm going to kill you, bitch." His voice was dark, but so was hers.

Rogue scoffed, "Expand your vocabulary, dickwad."

With that, Rogue punched him in the face, knocking him out.

She stood back up to see Canary leaning against the brick wall with a smile on her face, "You did good, Rogue."

"Thanks, Canary."

Rogue looked around trying to spot the two girls, but they must've already run away. Canary walked over to her and threw her arm around her shoulder, rubbing her knuckles into her head, making Rogue push her away and laugh.

"Hey!"

Canary just laughed back, "C'mon, kid. We got some people we need to tie up."