xvi. a wayne ball

Rogue decided getting scolded by Batman wasn't that bad. You're probably asking, 'What did she do this time?' Well, they almost died.

The team was up against Clayface. That's right, Clayface! And, well, here's a little snippet.

Rogue crouched beside Robin as they watched Clayface. The girl couldn't help, but smile and nudge the black-haired boy, "So, remember when I said that if we ever saw him, I'd push you into his clay?"

Robin turned to her with a look of horror, "You wouldn't."

"Oh, I would."

Well, that's how it went. She almost pushed him in, but she grabbed his wrist before he actually fell in. Poetic justice, just like she said before.

Anyways, their fight hadn't ended well and they almost died before Batman came in and saved the day, like always.

Now, back to the present. Rowan lay on a random hill of grass, watching the sunrise. Normally, her mornings were never this peaceful, but she took the time and decided she needed some time alone to gather herself.

Rowan was really trying. Could someone fucking congratulate her or some shit? But, as she sat on that hill, she realized one thing.

The girl couldn't depend on anyone. Sure, she trusted Aqualad and Superboy with her life and would trust them to help her. But, she shouldn't expect them always to be there.

Now, Robin was a whole different story. No matter how many times she tells herself to never depend on him, it just feels wrong.

So, as she watched the sunrise, Rowan acknowledged that maybe she cared about Dick a little too much. The thought alone scared the fucking life out of her. But, she had to be open to all the ideas that somewhere along the way, Rowan maybe caught feelings.

Rowan put her head in her hands and groaned, "Fucking hell."

Before any more could be said, her phone buzzed from beside her. Rowan was going to ignore it and continue having a crisis, but she decided to look at it.

The text she got made her breathing subside.

Clayface
Hey, I have a question.

Row
what's up

Clayface
Are you free tonight?

Holy shit. Holy shit.

Row
yea why?

Clayface
Wanna come to the Wayne Ball?

Row
with you?

Clayface
Duh.

Row
no need to get snippy
i don't even have a dress bird brains

Clayface
I'll grab one for you today and drop it off.
Any suggestions?

Row
definitely dark green

Clayface
Okay, I'll pick you up at 6.

Row
wait drop it off in my room at the base and pick me up there