lxi. my captain

Every member of The League stood on the main street of the newly abandoned Gotham. Today was the day.

As Rowan looked around, she couldn't find one monster from The Pit that they talked to. She realized they were cowards, already submitting to their real-life nightmares.

The sun was supposed to rise in about thirty minutes, letting everyone know how much time they had left to get ready. Everybody could feel the nerves dancing in everyone's stomachs. It was like bees attacking their insides.

"We got this," Dick reassured as he slipped his hand into hers.

She squeezed his hand with a small smile, "We always do, Boy Blunder." He mocked a laugh as he tried to hide a smile at her words.

The rest of the original Young Justice League stood by them. Kaldur placed a hand on her shoulder, "We no longer have to be afraid."

Rowan gave him a grin before letting go of Dick's hand and walking forward in front of everybody. She grabbed a random crate and stood on top of it, making herself seem larger.

"Hey! Everyone's attention on me, now!" Everyone's eyes went straight to her as the conversation died out. Rowan cleared her throat, "I know some of you don't know me and have no idea what you're even doing here. But, I'm not here to reassure you or anything because whatever happens out on the battlefield, is up to you." She made eye contact with the guy she came to love, "I know these gods and I know what they're capable of. But, that doesn't mean to fear them, it just means we can't overestimate or underestimate them. Don't second-guess yourself because the moment you do, you're probably gonna be met with a bolt of lightning." A couple of laughs fell in the crowd, "All I need from you guys is to know who the enemies are. There might be some monsters on their side and some on ours, same goes for gods."

Her face turned back to serious, "I believe we can do this. So what if they're like a billion years old? Most of them will underestimate us, causing them to lose. We will win this. Am I right?" Cheers sounded from the crowd, "Am I right?" All the fighters yelled louder, "Then, let's win this!"

Rowan hopped down from the crate, only to find herself in Dick's arms, "What is this for?"

"Nothin'." Dick said with a smile, leaning down to kiss her. Rowan smiled into his lips, finding happiness even on the brink of war.

"Eww," Thor gave her a disgusted look, "You guys are so gross.

Rowan laughed slightly, "I'll stop for right now." She hugged the boy tightly and once she pulled away, saluted to him, "O'captain."

Thor returned the gesture, "My captain."

Suddenly, thundering noises were heard, and everyone looked forward to spotting hundreds of warriors, at least all seven feet tall. At the very front of the line was Zeus with an intimidating smile. He knew they were outnumbered by hundreds, but Rowan wouldn't let it affect her.

His voice boomed across the abandoned city, "All this for a mortal girl, like yourself?"

"All this because you can't seem to take the hint?" He mockingly laughed at her.

"Then, let's begin," Right as they were about to start fighting, the ground began to shake. They looked around to find hundreds of monsters coming out of the buildings and alleyways. Gods showed up out of nowhere to fight alongside them.

A bright smile made it's way along her face as she made eye contact with Ares who stood behind her like a second-in-command.

Rowan turned back to Zeus with a smirk. He had a look of anger and surprise written across his face, causing her grin to widen. The girl shrugged to the god, "You wanted to begin, so let's begin."