xxx. the three words

"Hello, Megan! The pilot episode." The little boy grinned, holding up the tape.

Rowan smiled at Garfield, glad that he could still seem to find happiness even in a war with his country. She began to bounce her leg on the ground to pass time, but two hands grabbed her waist, halting her movements. 

She looked behind her in confusion as she still sat on Robin's lap. Then she saw how he had his head back and his eyes and mouth screwed shut. Rowan smirked but decided against making this mission any harder for him.

"Woah, you still have VHS?" Kid Flash bantered back at the young boy, "Where's your eight-track?"

Before anyone could answer, Superboy shouted, "Wait!" Rowan immediately stood up, allowing Robin to let out a breath, "Aircraft, headed this way."

They all ran out, and all they saw were miles of dirt plains. Until a loud noise was heard from the sky—three fighter planes were barreling toward the group.

Rowan's eyes widened in fear as she recognized the formation the jets were in, "Run!" That's when they began to shoot.

Marie Logan and M'gann sprinted toward them, but Conner got to the two and saved them. 

"Where's my son?"

The girl's breathing started to quicken. 

"I ordered him to stay inside."

Rowan's heart dropped. If he's anything like Lola, he wouldn't follow orders. He would save everyone he could, especially if they were in danger. Her eyes caught the big, red barn in the distance. The animals.

Before anyone had any time to react, Rogue sprinted toward the barn, hoping to have enough time to save the young boy. The girl was almost there as he opened the barn door and smiled, an animal escaping, "Don't worry! I saved the animals."

"Garfield, run!" His face dropped as he looked over to see a plane shooting at the barn. A bullet must have hit a gas tank as a huge explosion pushed her into the air.

It felt like she was flying in those seconds. Everything was carefree and lively for the first time in forever. In those moments—as nice as it was—was terrifying. Rowan couldn't even save the kid, how was she supposed to survive in Olympus? Scratch that, how's she supposed to survive this fall?

As she fell onto the dirt, it felt like she was a ragdoll. Her body bounced and flipped as it reached the ground. Her bones crushing and breaking all at once. 

Once everything finally settled, Rowan fucking hurt. She was sure a few bones were broken, a few huge gashes, and a major concussion, but nothing she hasn't been through before. 

So, with all that, Rowan groaned as she stood up. KF sped toward her, helping her stand with an arm around her waist, holding her up. 

"How's the kid?" Blood poured into her mouth from her nose, but she just spat it the other way.

KF didn't dare use his speed, knowing it'll worsen her condition and piss her off, "Guessing shock, but I don't know for sure." He didn't know if he should ask her if she was okay when she was clearly not as she kept spitting blood out.

Robin finally reached them, holding Rowan's head in his hands, checking to see how bad her injuries were. KF could tell he was trying to hold in his anger.