liv. o'captain

Dick woke up to an empty space next to him. His heart had begun to race as he thought of what could have happened.

As he ran out of the med bay, he heard her soothing voice, instantly calming his nerves.

"I think it's best if we wait until everyone can hear."

Conner spoke, "You mean, wait until he's here."

"Shut up, clone."

Dick walked into the kitchen where the whole team sat. There were some on the counter or by the table, while some just sat on the ground, against the cabinets. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "Why's everyone here?"

He finally met her ember eyes and he could tell hers softened once they made contact. Dick's gaze fell down to Thor who stood by her side like a guard dog, glaring at anyone who dared come by her. 

Rowan cleared her throat, "Well, I was waiting till you were awake to explain what happened to you guys." Dick nodded and stood across from her. She looked uncomfortable for a split second until she put up her walls again, "I was fighting a giant from Olympus. He was said to be sent to the pit by Ares, whom I've acquainted with."

Wally's mouth dropped, "You've talked to Ares. The Ares?"

"Yes," Rowan smirked slightly, "Well, as we all know, I've made enemies in the pit, like a lot of them."

Thor nodded, proudly, "Zeus hates her fucking guts." All he got in response was a nudge to the shoulder.

"Anyways, Mimon the Giant was one of them." She told them all about how Mimon and her were never allowed to fight. How they were said to be equals, "Turns out, they overestimated me as you all know, I died. But, I didn't really."

"Shocker."

Dick punched Wally in the stomach, causing him to groan, "Shut up, Kid-Mouth."

Rowan smiled slightly at the friendship, "Ares was somewhat my mentor back in the pit. He helped me train whenever we could see each other." She looked down slightly in shame, "I figured I could defeat Mimon, but I couldn't. So, once I passed out from blood loss, Ares came to me. He first yelled at me, then helped me. He took control of my body, but I don't really remember what happened after that. But, he helped me—"

Troia stepped forward, "Why would Ares help you?"

Abaddon quickly grew defensive, "Why did Wonder Woman pick you?"

"Because I was made by the gods."

Everyone could sense the brewing argument, causing them to take a step back, "Well, the very gods who made you, tortured millions. If I were you, I wouldn't be so proud of it."

"Zeus is the greatest god—"

"Zeus is a monster! He sent me down to the pit because I questioned his authority. He killed her because I didn't do what he asked!" Her eyes grew wide with rage, making everyone grow worried about what she might do, "They slit her throat open and let her bleed out to death. She wasn't even a god. She was a child and she's now torn to pieces by the cannibals." Her jaw clenched in anger, but she started to calm herself down. She's learned to control her anger, even if it comes with a price, "So, do not stand there and tell me who Zeus was. When I know plenty of who he came to be."