viii. lola

Rowan believed in free will. Everyone should have the right to make their own choices; good or bad.

"Why are we doing this again?" Rowan leaned against a container, looking at the thugs on the docking station. One was a big burly man with white hair, and the others were irrelevant.

Robin rolled his eyes at the girl, "It's for Speedy, he just has to know what he's missing."

Rowan chuckled quietly, "Yea, like getting told what to do, no missions, no free will. Yea, he's missing a whole bunch."

"Shut it."

Speedy's arrow soars through the air, hitting the burly man's gun, and burning his shirt. Roy looked almost pleased with himself behind his mask.

The white-haired cunt started to yell, "Do you know what I pay for a suit in my size?" He looked behind him at his bitches, "Scorch the earth, boys."

Kid Flash came out of nowhere and took all the bitches' guns, Robin then decided to throw explosives and grapple out of the dark space behind the containers. Rowan didn't really feel like following, since she didn't feel like it was in her place to try to get Speedy to follow them back to the cave.

Aqualad knocked some of the thugs out and the big man threw a massive piece of concrete at Speedy, who narrowly missed it. The Atlantian joined the archer on the container.

The two began to speak, Rowan didn't really care what they had to say. It's not their choice, it's his life.

Suddenly, the big man started to get up with a nasty grin. He grabbed an even bigger part of the concrete, making the hero roll her eyes. Rogue grabbed her daggers that were laced with jellyfish toxin. These were her favorite, as getting these stupid knives almost cost her her life.

Before he could actually throw it, Rogue threw the daggers; three landing in his back. She watched as he slowly dropped to the floor, the concrete along with him.

Rogue jumped down from the container, going to take out her daggers from his body. She heard Speedy begin to talk, "So, what? This is an intervention?"

Aqualad quickly shook his head, "No. We just want our friend on the team."

Kid Flash jumped at the opportunity of the silence, "So, Speedy, you in?"

"Pass. I'm done letting Arrow and the League tell me what to do. I don't need a babysitter or a clubhouse hang out with the other kids. Your Junior Justice League is a joke. Something to keep you busy and in your place. I don't want any part of it."

Rowan rolled her eyes as Speedy began to walk away. Just because he didn't want to join, doesn't mean he's allowed to talk to the team like that, "Don't have to be such a nasty bitch all the time."

Roy turned around to meet her gaze, "Says the one who can't step a foot in her house."

What? What the hell? How the fuck does this demon spawn know this? Nobody should fucking know about this. The only person who knows-

Black Canary. Dinah fucking told him.

Rogue realized she tensed, everyone watching, waiting for a snide comment back. She felt humiliated for the first time ever. She needed to get out of there, but against all of her thoughts, she stayed and glared at Roy.

"Says the one who threw a tantrum because he didn't get what he wanted."

Roy was about to reply, but Aqualad quickly tried to diffuse the situation, "We are not enemies. So, let's not make each other one."