v. superboy, the genomorph

"Time runs short." A voice spoke, "You must awaken. You must awaken now!"

Rogue gasped awake, her head pounding. She looked around to see that she was still in the stupid lab. The girl tugged on her arms but found them to be restrained above her head. 

This was easy. She did this every morning for something like this, Rowan was trained to handle this. On both sides of the wrist of her suit, held three different lock picks. All she had to do was somehow reach it.

"What? What do you want?" Kid Flash yelled at Superboy who was staring at all of us, "Quit staring! You're creepin' me out."

"Uh, KF, how about we nit tick off the guy that can fry us with a look." Rogue nodded with Robin who was in the capsule next to her.

Aqualad tried to reason, "We sought out to help you."

"Yea! We free you and you keep us in a cage."

Rogue rolled her eyes, her anger flaring up, "Who was right? Oh, right, me!" Everyone stayed quiet, "Now, Supes. If you don't release us right now, I'm going to go all Terminator on your ass, got it?"

Superboy quirked an eyebrow at the word, 'terminator.'

Aqualad sighed, "Rogue, stand down. I believe our new friend was not in full control of his actions."

The man of the hour finally speaks up, "What if I– What if I wasn't?"

"He can talk?" Kid Flash asks, causing Rogue to roll her eyes. She got the lock, but couldn't just jump out, especially with the enemy right there.

Superboy grumbles, "Yes, he can."

"It's not like I called him, it."

Aqualad tries to diffuse the tension, "The genomorphs taught you telepathically."

"They taught me much," He paused, "I can read, write. I can tell you the names of things."

Robin spoke up, "But, have you ever seen them? Have they ever let you see the sun? Or, the sky?"

"Images are implanted in my mind, but no. I've never actually seen them."

"Do you know what you are? Who you are?" Aqualad asked, genuinely curious.

Superboy seemed more confident in his answer, "I am the Superboy, a Genomorph. A clone made from the DNA of Superman, created to replace him, should he perish. To destroy him, should her turn from the light."

This caused the four heroes to turn to each other, shocked. 

Rogue huffed, "I knew we were gonna die."

"Shut it!"

Aqualad began to speak again, "To be like Superman is a worthy aspiration." He paused, gathering his words, "But, like Superman, you deserve a life of your own beyond that solar suit. Beyond your pod; Beyond Cadmus."

"I live because of Cadmus!" He snapped, "It is my home."

"Your home is a test tube." Damn, just straight. Respect. "We can show you the sun."

Kid Flash quickly cut in, "Uhh, pretty sure it's after midnight. But, we can show you the moon!"

"We can show–introduce you to Superman."