ix. out of my head

Rogue sat on the kitchen counter in the cave. She was currently wrapping bandages around her bloodied hands.

The only thing in her mind was her father's eye as she tried not to express her pain. Rowan liked to call her father, a one-eyed demon. But, not ever to his face, obviously.

Rogue started to smell smoke as she zoned back in. She faced the oven where M'gann's cookies were. If she got the cookies, it would show even more weakness than she already displayed. The girl was still embarrassed about how Speedy made her freeze, she seemed pathetic.

So, she let them burn. She almost wished it had caught on fire. The girl didn't know why she would want that, but it seemed fitting.

Rogue continued to wrap her knuckles while M'gann flew into the room, using telekinesis to put them on the counter. The rest of the team walked into the kitchen, making her glare at their figures.

Kid Flash sped over to the brunette, hopping onto the counter and wrapping his arm around the girl, "Hey, beautiful."

"If you don't remove your hand; you won't have a hand." He quickly removed it, but still sat next to her, causing her frustration to spike.

The alien began to speak, "I was trying out Grammy Jones's recipe from episode seventeen of-" She stopped herself, "-huh, never mind."

Rowan quirked an eyebrow at the pause; she was hiding something and Rogue needed blackmail on every single one of them. It was a way to survive if things ever go south.

Robin spoke up, "I bet they'd have tasted great." Kid Flash zoomed over to the charcoal cookies and began to choke them down, "He doesn't seem to mind."

"I have a serious metabolism," KF spoke with a full mouth.

"I'll make more?"

"It was sweet of you to make any," Aqualad said with a small smile.

"Thanks, Aqualad."

Aqualad pointed to himself, "We're off duty. Call me Kaldur'ahm. Actually, my friends call me Kaldur."

"I'm Wally. See? I'm already trusting you with my secret ID, unlike Mr.Dark Glasses over here." Wally pointed to Robin, "Batman's forbidden boy wonder from telling anyone his real name."

Rowan almost scoffed at Wally's words. She figured it out, but that also meant Robin figured out her identity, which is a bad thing. The girl jumped off the counter silently, walking over to Superboy and standing next to him.

"Mine is no secret." She placed her hands on her hips, "It's M'gann M'orzz. But, you can call me Megan. It's an Earth name, and I'm on Earth now."

Why is she so excited to be on Earth? Earth's a shitshow, but everyone thinks it's this great place, but we humans, we mess everything up. M'gann doesn't know what she's talking about. Naive little-. Rowan started to walk out of the room because she couldn't handle anyone today. Her head was pounding and her bandages weren't holding her blood.

"Don't worry, Rogue." Rowan stopped from hearing M'gann's voice in her head. This didn't feel right, she needed to escape. Is there any fear gas in here; why is she feeling like this? "You can trust us with your Earth name too."

Rogue groaned slightly from her head pounding like it was getting beat in between two clap instruments. She looked at the alien, "Get the fuck out of my head right now."

Everyone looked at her like she was delusional. She wasn't crazy. She wasn't.

"What's wrong? I-I don't understand." M'gann spoke in all their heads, causing everyone to put their hands on their heads, "Everyone on Mars communicated telepathically."