"Wrote this instead of calling"

//four months later//

::Mikaela's POV::

Today I was due for my first ultrasound.

I got up to the sound of my alarm and took a long hot shower.

I changed into a grey jumper with the British flag on the front. I slipped on a pair of black leggings with grey bailey bow Uggs. I slipped on a black beanie with the words 'Rad' in melting letters on the front. I grabbed my phone and black purse and walked out.

I was staying in a small town in Michigan while I thought things through.

Me: first ultrasound

Ella: send me pictures

Me: I will check your mail.

I turned off my phone and walked down the street towards the clinic.

"Marcie Val?" the doctor asked and I stepped into his office.

"Alright this is your baby" The doctor said and pointed to the screen. "Is it too early to tell the gender?" I asked. "You're having a baby girl" the doctor said. "A girl" I said and smiled. "would you like pictures?" the doctor asked. "Yes please" I said. "here you go" the doctor said and handed me two pictures. "thank you" I said and walked out.

I walked into my apartment and sat down crisscross with the coffee table in front of me. I took out the pictures and placed them in front of me. "It's a girl" I wrote in sharpie in the back of one of them. I placed it in an envelope and labeled it with Ella's address.

"It's been four months" I said and picked up my phone and went through my contacts. "I can't" I said and locked my phone. "I wanna call you Kevin but I can't" I said and picked up a pen and a blank piece of paper.

"Dear Kevin," I started the letter.

Once I was done I folded it up and paper clipped it to the ultrasound picture. I placed it in an envelope and wrote Kevin's name on the front. I knew I was never gonna send it so why bother. I grabbed the letter and walked to my room. I placed it on the nightstand and closed the door.

//Ella's POV//

"Ready for you ready to find out the gender?" Gerardo asked. "are you recording me?" I asked as I applied my mascara. "for the memories" Gerardo said and smiled," now are you ready to find out what we're having?" Gerardo asked. "yes" I said,"very excited" I said and laughed. "going on Instagram" Gerardo said and started typing on his phone.

I finished styling my hair and walked out as I heard the doorbell.

I walked down the stairs and opened the door. "hi Jack" I greeted the mailman. "hi Ella, I got a package for you" jack said. "thank you" I said and took the orange package out of his hands. "see you next week" Jack said. "bye" I said and closed the door.

"What's this?" I asked and saw it was from Mikaela. I opened it and took out a picture. "ohmygod she's having a girl" I whispered and smiled. "what you got there?" Gerardo asked. "nothing" I said and hid the picture. "Ella, what you got there?" Gerardo asked me again. "nothing" I said. "Elizabeth don't lie to me" Gerardo said. "it's nothing" I said. "it's a picture" Gerardo said. "yes it is" I said. "let me see it" Gerardo said. "no" I said. "Ella let me see it" Gerardo shouted and took the picture out of my hands. "what's this?" he asked. "Mikaela's baby" I whispered. "who's?" Gerardo asked. "Mikaela' s" I repeated. "is it Kevin's baby?" Gerardo asked. "Yes" I said. "does he know?" Gerardo asked. "no" I said. "we have to tell him" Gerardo said. "please don't" I said," Mikaela wants to do it on her own" I said. "How far is she in her pregnancy?" Gerardo asked. "about four months" I said. "is she gonna tell him when she has the baby in her hands?" Gerardo asked. "I don't know" I said. "Kevin needs to know" Gerardo shouted. "promise you won't tell" I said and grabbed his arm. "Ella" Gerardo started to say. "please" I said. "alright, but tell Mikaela to tell him soon" Gerardo said. "I will, now let's go" I said and we walked out the door.

"Welcome back Mr and Mrs. Ortiz" Dr. McAndrews(same dr from the Red Band Society) said,"ready to find out the gender?" dr. McAndrews asked. "Yes" Gerardo and I exclaimed. "alright let's see" Dr. McAndrews said and placed the gel on my bare stomach. "you are having a baby boy" Dr. McAndrews. "ohmygod a boy!" I exclaimed. "would you like pictures?" Dr. McAndrews asked. "yes" Gerardo and I said. "here you go" Dr. McAndrews said and handed us the ultrasound pictures. "thank you" I said and we walked out.

While we were driving back home Gerardo got a call from Kevin.

"Hey Kevin" Gerardo said as he placed the call on speaker.

"Hey" Kevin said.

"Hi Kevin!" I chimed into the conversation.

"Hi Ella" Kevin said

"So what's up" Gerardo asked.

"Mom wants us to come over"

"When"

"Tonight at seven"

"Alright we'll be there"

"Hey Ella have you heard anything from Mikaela?"

"Uhhh" I said and looked over at Gerardo who mouthed the words "tell him"

"No I haven't" I said.

"If you do let me know"

"I will"

"Alright well I'll see you guys later"

"Bye" Gerardo said and turned off the call. "call her" Gerardo said. "okay" I said and pulled out my phone and dialed Mikaela's number.

"Hello?"

"Mikaela, we gotta talk"