Ive got a secret, its on the tip of my tounge, its in the back of my lungs

As soon as the award show was over I walked out of the venue ready to go home. "Mikaela!" I heard someone yell. I turned around and saw Kevin walking towards me. "why" I said to myself. "can I help you?" I asked. "why don't you wanna hang out? is it cause you don't like me?" Kevin asked. I took in a deep breath and looked him in the eyes. "I like you, but you can't see each other" I said. "why?" Kevin asked. "because my past will always catch up to my present and to my future. You deserve much more, if your seen with me your going to be in danger" I said. "please tell me" Kevin said. "I'm sorry I can't" I said. "Mikaela, I can help you" Kevin said. "Kevin I-I" I said but was interrupted when I saw a black Cadillac pull up next to us. "get in Mikaela" Gael shouted. "Mikaela," Kevin said and grabbed my arm. "let go of her" Gael shouted and two of his body guards walked out. one held me by the arm while the other pulled Kevin away. "leave him alone" I said as he pushed Kevin against the wall. "get in" Gael said and got out his car and forced me to get in. "stay the hell away from her or you will be sorry" Gael shouted as he pinned Kevin against the wall. "Leave him alone" I said as I got out and pulled Gael away from Kevin. "Kevin please stay away from me for your own good" I said. "Stay away from her pretty boy" Gael said and pushed me away.

As we drove away I saw Kevin standing on the side of the road.

"What the hell are you doing in Miami!" I shouted. "I had a delivery and I heard you were in town and I thought to myself better keep an eye out for my dear, don't want anything to happen to her" Gael said. "You need to stop controlling my life"I shouted. "you chose this life" Gael shouted. "you take advantage of the fact that I care about you" I shouted. "I didn't choose this business for you but our life turned out this way, and you decided to stay" Gael said. "I couldn't leave you alone in this" I said. "stay away from that guy, I don't want to get rid of anymore people" Gael said. "Don't worry he'll stay away" I said.

//Kevin's POV//

I walked into the hotel room and slammed the door. "what is she hiding?" I asked and sat on the bed. "why would my life be in danger?" I asked myself. "No I'm not gonna sit here and just wonder what could happen, tomorrow I'm going to find her and I'm going to talk to her" I said.

::the next day::

The next morning I got up at the crack of dawn. I slipped on a pair of blue jeans and a black hoodie. I grabbed a red Chicago bulls SnapBack and placed it on my head as I walked out the door.

I knew that all the technicians were staying on the 16th floor. I got on the elevator and walked into the lobby.

"Good morning, do you know in what room Mikaela Valdemar is staying in?" I asked. "and you are?" She asked. "Kevin Ortiz" I said and shook her hand. "is this a love situation?" She asked. "yes" I said. "room 22 on the sixteenth floor" she said. "thank you, Erin" I said as I read her name tag. "Anything for you" she said. "I own you big time" I said as I walked to the elevator. "I'll pay my dues later" she said and laughed. I ignored the comment and pushed the button to go up.

I stood in front of the door and debated wether or not to ring the doorbell.

I finally decided to suck it up and ring it.

A couple moments later the door opened. She was wearing a pair of black spandex boy shorts with a red unbuttoned flannel shirt, underneath she was wearing a black sports bra. Her hair was a mess but it suited it her. "Mikaela could we talk" I asked. "get in here" Mikaela said and pulled me into her room.

//Mikaela's POV//

I was lying in bed thinking about Kevin when I heard the doorbell. I got up and grabbed a red flannel. I slipped it on and looked through the peep hole. "oh god it's like I summoned him" I said to myself. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Mikaela could we talk" Kevin asked. "get in here" I said and pulled him into my room.

"I thought I was clear when I told you to stay away from me" I said and crossed my arms across my chest. "I need to know why" Kevin said. God why is he so stubborn! "for your own good" I said. "are you a criminal?" Kevin asked. "no" I said. "Then why?" Kevin asked. "because of Gael" I said. "who's Gael?" Kevin asked. "he was the guy who threatened to kill you" I said. "is he your boyfriend?" Kevin asked. "no, he's m-" I said but stopped when I realized what was about to come out of my mouth,"he's someone very dear to me" I said. "Mikaela, ever since I saw you I couldn't take me eyes off of you" Kevin said. "don't say that" I said. "I'm being honest" Kevin said and got closer to me. "Kevin, I like you I do and that's why I'm asking you to stay away from me because I care" I said. "You like me?" Kevin asked. "yes, but your life will be at risk if you-" I said but was interrupted by Kevin's lips on mine. I fell into the moment and kissed him back. His hands slid around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Kevin, please stop" I said and pushed him away. "Mikaela, we can work this out" Kevin said. "No we cannot" I said and took a step back. "Kevin you need to live" I said and pointed to the door. "Mikaela" Kevin said. "Leave before I call security" I said. "alright, but I'm not giving up that easily" Kevin said and walked towards the door. "bye Kevin" I said. "I'm not giving up" Kevin said and kissed me before walking out the door.

"Dear god, let nothing bad happen to him" I whispered as I closed the door behind him.