Chapter 2: Chimera 34th

"Laszlo you know all new kids are nowadays scared of me! Plus it's not my fault they all had heart attack when I flung that chair!" he looked at me underneath his long eyelashes with those sad hazel eyes.

"Ruby asked for medical help as soon as you came out" I raised my eyebrow, "Who's Ruby?" he sighed, "One of the newcomers. Look I know you don't care, but at least pretend like you do!"

I scooped around his room, he was one of our 'mail boys', a Technician. All of the files and letters were neatly put in their places and everything was always so shiny and clean.

"Right, got any jobs there? I feel like blowing up somebody"

"Let's see... oh here is one!" he handed me a small blue envelope. "And could you keep in mind not to kill again, because I would be responsible!" He wined.

"Laszlo, I didn't kill that Rupert..." "Richard" he corrected. " I knew that, I was just testing you" he crossed his arms, "He hanged himself as soon as he woke up" I shrugged, "Not my fault. Now excuse me, duty calls!" he grabbed my hand, causing me to stop.

"What is it?!" I hissed. "Be careful and bring this with you!" he tossed a red cover with a heavy object beneath it.

"Have fun!" he scratch his  sandy blond fohawk. I closed the doors and opened the cover revealing what's beneath it. Oh, damn right I will.

......................

I strolled down the road having one hand on the research paper and other on my newest gift; a black kopesh blade. Since I broke the first one, Laszlo promised to get a new one. Such a sweetie.

I rolled the paper sheet with every possible detail of my newest 'victim'. Sandy Wolf; daughter of Blossom (unemployed) and Tony (owner of a software company).

So mum with strange name and rich daddy, very interesting. I kept on reading while droplets of rain filled the street with muddy puddles. Somewhere in the distance I could hear the thunder. Won't be any rush hour here. I glanced at the street to see where I had to go. Chimera 34th. Chimera? What was that supposed to mean?

I stepped on unnatural greenish grass and knocked ceramic rabbit in the process. Why do people keep puting those stuff on their lawns?! This is the fourth violated rabbit in this week. Quickly scanning the area, I noticed an open window. How reckless, really!

I slide in to the house.  It was the victim's room filled with dim light and calming scent of something sweet and extremely refreshing. I inhaled deeply, feeling completely relaxed. The room by itself was not either big or small, for me it was the perfect size. Walls were painted light green which added more freshness.

I got myself near the bed and pulled up a small photo frame from the nightstand. I stared for what might seem like a decade. Small, childish smile, bright blush on the cheeks, little nose, light blonde hair and eyes. Those eyes! Not quite sure how the  frame slipped from my hands and fell down to the floor. I looked helplessly at shards of glass beneath my feet and those eyes staring at me, looking accusingly.

I tear my gaze from it and focus on the task. Sandy- age:7, Hair: blonde, Eyes: light blue. Light blue?! No, they were definitely not light blue! I managed to take a peek at the photo, realizing they were blue  indeed. Just an illusion, your mind is playing games with you Mare. I laughed at my stupidity and return to finish my job.

So what's it going to be? Maybe a giant teddy bear with a machete running at you, little Sandy? Or maybe your mommy and daddy leave for a trip and then boom plane crash! Oh well if you insist, you may join them. Wait I got even better... words stucked in my throat as I spotted a small dreamcather attached to her bed.

" Oh, this is just getting so much better!" I snickered at no one particular. I slightly poked her cheek. No reaction. Must say I expected for her to wake up, shrieking like a manic. Maybe I'm a little too much into this job. I cracked my knuckles.

"Dear Sandy, you're about to have a nightmare. No need to thank me, really! But, you will probably be scared of that dreamcather. Are you ready to rumble, little one? "  I was about to touch her forehead when unfamiliar, croaky voice stopped me from doing it so.

"Don't even try it Nightmare Bringer!" Oh, this better be good.