Chapter 12: The Truth Behind The Bunny

"Daisy!Daisy! Daisy!!!" Sandy whined for the hundredth time. "Yes?" Istared at the painting of a tree. If the rumors were true, so-called Tree of Illusion was a holyground of Dream Eaters. It's like a pulse that gives life to all of us, eventhough no one ever saw the Tree.

 It was a pure myth, a story for goodnight. Buta good one though. I wondered what would happened if someone tries to harm theTree. if a heart is plucked out of a person, theperson dies... So would Dream Eaters die too if something happened to theTree? 

"Daisy, look!" Sandy showeda paper in my face. "Sandy, could you tell me moreabout..." "It's a bunny!" "That's nice, but I want to know more ab..."

 "With blackfur and purple eyes!" she cut in, "Just like yours" 

"Great. Now can you... wait,what?" did she just said just like me? 

"Your hair is so long and black so Imade bunny's fur the same and her eyes are purple, like yours!" "I'll be rightback" I stormed out of the room, colliding with John. "Get inside!" I pulledhim by the sleeve into the bathroom. "I already clean this one. They even havethis huge shower with a massager.A massager!"I clasped his mouth to keep him quiet. 

"She knows!" John muffled something."She drew a bunny that looks like me. The real me, not this fake interior!" hiseyes widen. "So should we report it to the Council?" I didn't have the answer,not when some Lucid maniacs are after me and a small girl can see us?Unbelievable..

The end is coming near. Come with us! "Not this again!" Meet your fate Mare! Hollow voice whispered. Join us! Destroy andrule with us! They even started chantingsome creepy melody. "Thanks, but I have to decline it"

 "Who are you talkingto?" I forgot John was here. "Nobody?" Shadow mist grabbed me from behind and threw meacross the room. Remember who we are! "Get out,you are pissing me off!" I could hear a loud crack and then massive pain shottrough my body. Yelping, I fell to the floor.

This is not over! The voice hissed before themist disappeared. "Daisy, what is going on?" John stood by my side, worry feeling hiseyes. "I'm fine...Dammit!" I winced as the pain increased. My left arm wascompletely trashed and now useless. "What's the number of those health cares..hospitals?" "No need for that, I will be fine!" "Like hell you are. Youare in pain and they can help you" I lifted my chin, defying him "No!" "ButDaisy..." I got myself up but John didn't want to let me go trough.

 "Guardianboy, move!" he crossed his arms. "Move!" "I'm calling.." I shifted my legand kicked him into the stomach. Growling, he fell down. "I don't need help!" "Yes,you do!" he grabbed my leg, completely wrapping himself around me. "Let go!" hewas still holding, like his life depended on it. "What is wrong with you?" helifted up and looked at me. 

"ME? What is wrong with me?!" oh, he was mad.Finally! "You are the one who's flapping around with a broken arm and waitwhich one?" he inspected both of my hands. "Are you still in pain?" he staredin disbelief. "Nope!" I wiggled my fingers. "Now, got to go" "Wait, your arm can be fixed in a second. Idemand.." I crossed the room, grabbing him by the neck. 

"You demand?" Isnarled, clenching him even harder, "You demand nothing!" he was physicallystronger in human form, yet I didn't realize I lifted him of the ground."Pl..ple..pleaseee!" he whimpered like a small puppy, his face changing tounnatural shade of blue and purple. My grip slowly eases and I let him go,looking at my bare hands. What just happened?!

 "Daisy.." John staggered towardsme. Not wanting to face him right now,I grabbed the doorknob and ran outside. 

"Daisy?" I took a deep breath andturned around to see Sandy, awkwardly staring at me."Hm?" "Is everything alright?" no. "Of course it is" "Then why were you andJohn yelling at each other?" oh she've heard, "No, we are always that loud." Igave her a 'genuine' smile. "Is it because of a bunny?" she lifted that drawingof hellish animal once again. For some reason a chill went trough me. "No, Ijust don't like bunnies or rabbits" she tilted her head, "But why?" I simplyshrugged.

 "Wanna see me feed Fluffy?", she lead me into the living room.Massive python stared at us with its black eyes. "So where is the food?" "Wait,I'll go and fetch it!" I looked at the python, who happens to stare back at me,flicking his black tongue. A minute passed by a snake started to bang its headagainst the glass. Is that normal for a pet? Fluffy hissed at me and thenlaughed. 

What is happening today?!Dried up and harsh voice spoke up, "It is getting near". Snake can't talk,right? Snake stood still and laughed again. This can't be good! "Oh Mare... Youcannot escape from it" "It?" Snake nod. "What is it, exactly?"

 "Lucid!" ithissed again. I was about to shove my hand inside to grab its neck, but Sandy interruptedby walking in with a bowl. "Here Fluffy" she slowly put the bowl filled withminced meat. 

Snake greedily gulped the food and carried on circling inside theterrarium. I took a step forward and knock on the glass. Snake didn't evenspare a glance. Maybe I was just imagining things. "Daisy, can you draw meLucid?" what?! I turned around to face Sandy, who was holding a piece of paperand few crayons in her hands. "Fluffy, can you draw Fluffy, please?" she madethose doey eyes and her lipsstarted to tremble.

 Oh, she said Fluffy, Mare. Stop being paranoid. I shovedthat suspicious voice deep down inside of my mind and nod, "Sure I'll draw it,no problem!"