Chapter 13: The Other One

Situation is not getting out off my hands, right? I mean sure Sandy can see us, but she isn't causing any trouble. Happy Council probably knows, so who cares. I flipped the paper of the Scout book and tapped my pen. 

"Daisy can you come for a minute?" John called from the other side of the room. I closed the book, supposing Happy Council can wait. What can I tell them? Same old; Sandy knows, something named Lucid is out there to.. to do what? To destroy, to kill, to safe me? I sighed. Why Laszlo didn't give me some other task and everything would have been fine. 

"Yeah?" I entered his room. Of course all neat and tidy. You could see your reflection in wooden floor. He must be Laszlo's relative. "So?" I folded my arms waiting. John was laying on his bed, reading some huge book. 

"Have a seat" I grabbed a chair from a nearby desk and as he said took a seat. "I'm listening" he flipped another page and kept on reading. I cleared my throat, in case he forgot I was still there.

 "I'm over here!" I snapped my fingers, trying to get some reaction. Still nothing. Oh, challenge accepted. "This room is so clean and it would be a shame if someone would I don't know.. redecorate a bit?" I grabbed the chair and tossed it into a window. Glass shattered immediately from the impact, but hey we live on the first floor so no one got hurt!

 "Ah, some fresh air!" I inhale deeply. John slightly shifted on the bed, but didn't show any sign of concerned. Moving on! "I was thinking about burning the house. Oh you don't have to move or anything just..." His head turned in my direction, flashing me the biggest grin.

 "It's all easy for you, right?" He lift himself up. "Where is John?" I took a step forward. "Relax, he is somewhere outside. It's irrelevant. Now lets talk about something more important, shall we?" he gesture for me to sit. So I did. At least he is not planning to kill me, yet.

 "Who are you?" he pulled a cigarette out of his pocket and lit it. "Oh how rude of me" as on que he lifted mask of his face, revealing his true form. "Not bad, right?" In front of me stood a woman; around her mid twenties with dark complexions and raven black hair. She was tall and quite elegant, yet she had a dark vibe around her whole posture. 

"I'm Kira" "Okay" She walked around the room, "See I can give you some information, if you are interested" I nod my head. "For now, you just need to know that you posses a great deal of power" You don't say.

 "I guess you have noticed that strength and healing ability, right?" were is she going with all of these. "Do tell me something Mare. Do you trust people around you?" "No" "Ha good to know that. When the time comes, we need to know on whose side you are" "Who is we?" she kept on babbling "Not now, it's still too early for that. Lets try something else." 

She twirled her hair, "I really like this room, clean and fresh and sooooo in his style. Have you figured out Laszlo is that Guardian scum? Little traitor, you know, following every step. Reporting to the Council, but still cannot tell you. Poor boy thinks he is protecting you!" She chuckled after last sentence. "Okay, you have enough for now, but we will stay in touch" she winked and left the room. 

I stood dumbstruck. Wait, wait, wait. I ran outside, just to meet two familiar hazel eyes staring at me. John. John is Laszlo and Laszlo is John. 

"Is everything alright?" he looked at me. Don't tell him, don't tell him. I bit my lip and stared. Yeah nice going Mare, so subtle. "Daisy?" "The window is broken" Finally words were coming out of my mouth. "Oh well, how?" I shrugged. "Okay, is there anything else?" I took a step forward, leaning into his face. "What are you doing?" I could sense his confusion as his hand slightly touched mine. He gazed back at me, flushing furiously. People tend to do that when they are embarrassed. He nervously clean his throat. So he feels discomfort. 

"Daisy?" "hm?" I tried not to blink. He was getting more and more flustered by the second. "What's the matter John?" he didn't respond, instead he closed his eyes and sight, "I..mm.. Daisy, I have to t..tell something.. you.. no, wait, to you!" he was getting frustrated so I back off. "I was thinking and since you have been acting strange lately, is it my fault?" I raised my eyebrow. What is he talking about.

 "Look, I don't want to be nosy or anything, but we have to take care of each other" "Take care of each other? No, you have mixed something up. After we finish this, we are heading separate ways" I saw a flicker of light in his eyes and as he tried to speak again, I cut him off.

 "Don't care!" I turned my heels around and stepped into my room. He didn't follow, but I still felt guilty for saying that. John was a nice guy, he would do anything for me. Because after all he was Laszlo and I knew, somewhere deep down, that it's for the best to let him do the talk and explanations after we settle everything down.

 After the mission, after this whole Lucid incident, I will sit down and talk... Like serious talk with serious stuff and serious something. Oh what is with my these days?! Annoying sound escaped from my mouth as I plumped on the bed mattress. A giggle? No, no, no! It can be! I know, I'm going to call it a badass giggle! Yeah that is more like it... Oh what on earth am I babbling about. Human world must be taking its effect pretty quickly.

 I glanced around the room one more time and closed my eyes, hoping for the best to come tomorrow.