Chapter 19: First Showdown

I rolled myself to the side, knocking the chair in the process, as one of Amadeus' fireballs headed my way. Fire caught aflame above my head, right on some painting of exotic island. He snickered and watched me getting up. 

"Run!" he hissed, preparing another upcoming attack.

 Without thinking trough, I sprinted towards the exit, looking around in search for Sandy. Bloody traitors! My feet carried me away on the street and then ahead into small alley. 

I leaned on the wall, letting my back slowly pressed on a brick wall. Gasping for air, I closed my eyes and groaned.

 How? HOW?! That genius voice of my sense activated immediately saying I should have run when I had a chance. Far, far, faaaar away from everything. My other half was suggesting or should I say commanding me to go back, straight on the battlefield.

 I mean what's the worst thing it could happened, right? Get Roasted by Amadeus! That's the worst thing, you idiot!

 I sighed heavily, looking at smudged graffiti on the other side of the wall. It said 'Just do it' which made no sense at all. Do what? It, Mare, do it! Stupid. Hey, wasn't that some slogan for shoes or something like that?

 "Just do it" I read once again out loud. I pushed myself off the wall and took a step forward. That sensible side screamed to go back, to rethink and consider the options. Since you are in Prague, you could visit other European countries too. How that sounds, come on Mare.

 Oh dear, I am going to die!

 The other side just roared. Yes, it roared like crazy army of those fangirls. Word go and stay mixed inside of my head creating a chaos.

 "Shut up already!" I screamed at no one in particular and grabbed some rusty pipe that stood on the ground. "If they want a fight, they sure will get one!" I left the shadows of the alley and face the empty street. I didn't like this at all.

 It looked like one of those old western movies where everyone would flee to safety of their home to watch the final showdown. The only thing that was missing were my opponents.

 "You got me worried for a second" Amadeus lazily yawned and pet his disheveled blonde hair. Where is Sandy? "Pipe? You seriously brought a pipe?!" he burst out laughing. "Oh this won't take long" he let flame flickered from his palm. "Ready?" he wiggled his eyebrows. 

Without giving him a response, I tossed the metal at his face. Naturally, he catapulted fire, melting pipe away. In a split of a second, while he was still busy with the pipe, I sprinted, leaped on the wall and made a small momentum there, catching Amadeus off guard. Twisting my leg, I managed to hit him directly in the head.

 He staggered backward, groaning. Leaving no room for break, I punched him directly in the stomach. As he fell to the ground, I grabbed a fistful of his hair and yanked him back.

 "Is that all you got, fire boy?" Lifting my fist, I gazed at a trickle of blood that spread across his lips. "How...lovely" he grabbed the fabric of my shirt and set a small trace of fire. 

"Now!" He yelled, standing on his knees. I managed to put the fire out, but a loud blast threw me off-balance. "And I thought you had it all under control. Guess you can't trust people who like to play with fire. Here!" Sandy appeared, giving him some clean cloth to clean up. I could hear the pounding sound in my ears and feel the burning pain across my legs and arms. What now? 

"Come on Mare!" Sandy spoke up. Maybe I had some ear damage, but it sounded more like a plead then a threat or a dare. 

"What do you want?!" I clenched my fist. "To remember" she raised her hand and made a swift movement in a shape of a letter c. To remember what? Before I could call back, the glass of every house started to break. 

Shattering chaos begun from the back and forth, trapping me inside. So this is how it ends? Very well. I stood up and prepared myself for the last launch. If I make it, I'm dragging those two with me. An instant later, there was a rippling sound coming from my left and echoing to the right. 

The image broke in two pieces and peeled off. Yes, it peeled off like an old tree bark. Regaining my posture, I've notice I wasn't in Prague anymore. Prague was gone along with Sandy and Amadeus. 

At the moment I was staring at endless waves of blue sea. Beneath my feet was nothing but sand and behind me... well behind me was something which look like a forest. Thick, unreachable forest, with high trees and colorful birds . 

Guess this island isn't lonely as it seems. Glancing once again at peaceful waves and hearing the calming sound they were making in contact with the shore, I decided that it's time to go. By go, I meant walking straight into the forest.

I grabbed a fistful of sand, letting it slide from my hand back to the ground, as unsettling feeling in my gut reappeared. In that moment I knew, I was being watched.