Chapter 5: Daisy vs. Cookies

Opening my eyes, I realized I was back in Chimera street, in my apartment to be exact. Slowly getting up from the old beige couch I stepped on a squeaky wooden floor. I quickly pulled a small plastic card from my pocket and took a peek at it.

An ID. Girl plastered on a photograph of card didn't look like me at all. Well, at least she was good looking, not bad Happy Council. Light brown eyes, dark blonde hair, tips tinted with bright red. I was relativly tall and those killer legs were quite alright.

" Are you there?" Annoying, hoarse voice came from the other room. "Sore throat, is that you?" I tried to imitate his voice. "Can you stop being a child for a minute?" he leaned on the frame door, scratching his short black hair. He looked at me underneath thick rimed glasses with those hazel eyes. I nearly smiled at how he reminded me on Laszlo. I haven't even had time to say goodbye to him.

"They named me John Oliver, what about you?" John waved with his card. I turned mine to see "Daisy Oliver" I narrowed my eyes and opened the notebook.

"Dear Avicia, Diasy?! Why?" instant later, replay came in "it was appropriate and stop being so melodramatic. Listen, we managed to fix both of your jobs; John will be a butler and you're going to be a nanny. Job starts tommorow at 15 pm sharp!"

I tapped ink furiously "No, I am not going to do it!" "You have no other choice. For now make some friends, I'm sure there are plenty of sardonic people like you out there. Now excuse me, as you would say, duty calls!" well look at that, sassy Avicia.

"Yogurt?" John pulled two plastic cups "Vanilla or cherries?" "Not hungry" I waved dissmisively. I turned on the tv and stared at the screen. John ploped beside me licking the spoon with the remaining of cherries.

" Why is he swearing so much?" I chuckled looking at the music video of some wannabe rapper. "It's the way it is?" "Why are those people half naked? Is he allowed to do that?" John stared in disbelif. "When did they take you as a Gurdian, before this whole development?" he flipped his spoon on my hair. " I don't keep track with the television anymore, you know?" I didn't want to argue with him so I was luckly saved by the bell. Wait a minute...

"I'll get it!" John stood up, looking questionably at me. I could hear the floor creaking beneath his feet as he reached the doornob. Oh please let it be a serial killer!

"Hi! Welcome to our neighborhood. Oh, look how cute he is! You look like Clark Kent with those glassess" I've heard John grumbling something. " Emma look at this, it's so vontige!" one squelled. " A-a, it's vintagé!" the other one replied.

As they came in view, they both stared at me so intesively.  Around mid-twenties, definitely twins exept taller one was blonde and slimmer one was brunette.

"Emma, her hair!" blonde jabbed her finger at me and they both rushed over, patting my hair. " Oh, I want these red highlights!" brunette was pulling my hair in her direction.

"Now ladies..." John stuffed his hands in pockets and grin victoriously at me. His going to pay for that! "Yes? Oh, sorry sweetheart, how rude of us..." the blonde one chirped as brunette proceded, " We're Twins!" I rolled my eyes. " And your last name is?" John kept his calmness.

"Oh, that is our last name! Emma Twins and Emma Twins!" brunette explaind. "So you're both Emma Twins? How lovely!" I faked my smile, but they didn't seem to notice. "Well I'm Emmé and she is Emma" brunette carried on. "But pronunaciation is Emma!" blonde added. "And as a welcome comitee, we baked you some cookies, our favorite gingerbread!" blonde Emma handed me a woden basket with cookies of diffrent shapes and size.

" So we've heard that you two are freshly married and you'll both be working at Wolf's. How exciting!" the Twins clapped.

" married?!" we gawked at them. "Aren't they sweet. Can we see a kiss, just a little one?" They both gave their best puppy face. "I'm sorry ladies, but Daisy and I aren't still use to public cuddling. But maybe some other time!" John flashed a bright smile while I was trying to find sharp knife enough to kill them all.

"Try some cookies Daisy, you won't be sorry. They are gingerbread!" "oh, I bet!" John gave me a warning look. I bit the head of a rabbit gingerbread and immediately regret it. I gulped it quckly, trying not to choke on it.

"How is it?" "Burnt and salty!" I coughed. Twins thought I was joking so they burst out laughing "You're hilarious" Emma number one said. "You two are hysterical!" I pulled one of the butchery knives and cut through the thin air. "Ladies, it's been so good to meet you, but we're a bit tired and all so if you could..." John was anxiously glancing at me. "Here, I'll show you where is the exit " John opened the door as a real gentleman while Twins giggled.

"Bye-bye!" they blew a kiss in our direction. As soon as they left, I threw one of the knives into the wall.

"You really don't like people, do you?" John pulled the knife out. "One more word and next throw will end up between your eyes! Get it?" "Why do you have to act so tough and violent?" I was balancing small swiss knife in my hand, thinking about the question. "Why? It's none of your business!" I barked at him. Why would I need to justify my acts, especially to some wimpy Guardian.

"Aggressive nature, won't bring you anywhere. You know that Mare!" I closed my eyes, feeling the anger boiling inside of me. "Shut up! I don't need any lecture, especially not from... wait how did you know my name is Mare?" He took a few steps back, realizing the mistake he just made" I umm.. didn't.. and.." "Speak up!" he tried to open his mouth, but as the words failed to come out, he retreated to the other room.

I didn't want to follow him, mostly because I was angry and disappointed at the whole outcome. This shouldn't have happened. Happy Council could have reacted without me and the Guardian, but no! Fix the mistake by yourself. Pure bullshit! So what if one puny kid can see us! She can't present the end of Dream Eaters. And even if she can't... no, I'm not even going there, she is just a small, fragile human being.

I opened my eyes seeing I butchered half of gingerbread cookies. Mostly in a shape of rabbits. Why do people like rabbits so much? I tossed the knife into the sink and plumped down on the couch.

So what now?