Chapter 4: The Infirmary

"She's moving! Call Avicia!" I blinked a couple of times to get my eyes refocused. I was back at the stationary of Dream Eaters, infirmary to be exact.

"Can you talk?" Small brunette asked while checking my eyes with some green light. " Yes, wait I know you.. You were a teacher in that bloody classroom!" She smiled brightly, "I see that you are doing well Mare. You were in pretty bad shape when they drove you here. Oh and I'm Cherry" I glanced around the room noticing that everything  was painted  white.

That reminds me " Hey what about that Guardian?"

"Oh he was brought in here too, but in a separate room. You know we can't put Guardians and Bringers in the same place. That would be a complete chaos!" her words were completely ironical to me at this moment. "Who brought us back and how?"

"That would be me!" Another feminine voice spoke. "Lady Avicia!" Cherry greeted her by making a cut motion on her neck. Ah shit, she is one of Happy Council members. "Leave us for a minute Cherry" she spoke calmly. "Okay!" Cherry stormed out of the room while I stared at white colored ceiling.

"So much mold up here" I pointed at each corner. "Mare, do you know why are you here?" Avicia sat on the bed. "I'm waiting for Santa Claus!" I chirped nonchalantly. "I sensed danger so I managed to teleport you and that boy back here" " Wow, tell me more, please!" I sniffed. Gah, mold and dust everywhere!

"This is serious now, you might have been dead. Maybe you should be a little more grateful" her voice was still calm, but I could feel the power behind it. " Alright, thanks, I guess."

"Much better. You don't have to tell me what happened, because I already know everything" I raised a brow "Where is my blade?" she managed to smile, " That boy, who we brought with you, told us. You know there will be consequences for this don't you?" I slowly nod my head, trying to proceed what happened to my blade and that bloody scream, what was that?!

"Eliminate that child as soon as possible!" familiar voice of Orion filled the room. " Orion, my man! Sup?" I snickered.

"Oh, she is awake" highly pitched feminine voice spoke up. "Well, we have a whole party going on in here. Put your hands in the air and say AYE!" I waved my hand pointing at each member of the Council. Four of them chuckled and one even joined me. "AYE... oh, sorry" Green hooded man lowered his head.

"She's still mocking at us and you want to join her, Felicius? Be my guest!" Orion growled. "Felicius don't listen to him" I was really in a good mood today.

"Mare about the punishment.." Avicia shut the whole fun down, "You will have to go back to that child" I stared at her "Has mold hit to your head? I'm not going back unless I have to kill her"

Actually I kinda like the kid, even though I cringe at the thought and pushed it back. " Felicius take it from here" Avicia stood up and nervously circled around the room.

"Here's the deal: you and Guardian will be transformed into human beings. You'll both get a job in Sandy's house to discover what is going on. Any question and result shall be put in this book" he handed me an A4 size notebook with silver symbol embroidered in it.

"What are those?" I pointed at symbols. "It says scout" Felicious explained. Fancy letters for nothing. I brushed my hand on the soft surface of the book. "You need to choose one of us as your contact" "As what?" "The Guardian chose me as his contact and now you have to choose someone as your contact" Felicious clarified.

"Oh well then, Avicia?" Avicia nod her head in approval. "One last thing before you leave," Lucius cut in.

"Your location will be a building next to Sandy's house. As soon as we relocate you there, check your ID. And please try to avoid problems since you'll be sharing the task with Guardian" I tried to grumble in protest, but they didn't want to hear it. "Mare, in a few moments we are setting you off so..."

"Any last wish?" Felicious chuckled. " Happy Council!" I pumped my fist as they start chanting in some foreign language.

"Rave party?" I blinked a couple of times, realizing I was going to faint, again. My head lightly touched the pillow and I closed my eyes preparing for the hit.