Chapter 11: Maze memory

"Wear this one" John tossed me another dress from the closet.

 This one had a soft, black fabric. Long and very elegant, but there were few problems with it. "Where is the back part, there should be something in here. And it's thorn down here!" I pointed at the spot. 

"Your back is going to be naked and that cut reveals your leg. Nothing is thorn and you will look great!" I twisted it around. "Daisy, it said dress formal and that is formal, so try it on" "Can I go naked?" 

After I tormented myself with the robe, I managed to put it on. "Formal enough?" John gaped at me with his mouth wide open, "Y..yu..yeea..aha!" I rolled my eyes "And you are going like that?" "What?" he fixed his black tie. "Not bad for a Guardian, I guess" classic black and white tuxedo always looked good. 

"You will have to wear these!" he gave some weirdly shaped shoes with huge toothpicks. "Those are high heels" "Knife!" I held a shoe and pumped it through the air. "Knock it off, it's time to leave" I screeched one more time and put the heels on.

                                                                      ..............................

"Why are we here?" I shouted over the sound of some techno song.

 "To meet new people, find and collect some rumors. Basically bunch of information. You know, I think we should spread out in to the crowd!" Not a good idea. John went left so I decided to stay right. There were people everywhere, from little kids to elders with their pointy sticks.

 "Take it off!" oh no, "You look hot!" Danny and Joey both wolfed at the same time. They were wearing identical checked shirts and pair of warned out jeans. "It said dress formal or did I read something wrong?" "Nope, but owners can dress whatever they like" Joey took a sip of some weird looking yellow liquid. "Owners? Not bad!" 

"She is impressed... Oh shit, the Twins are here. Quick, hide us!" they both snuggled behind my back. "Twins who?" as my words flew out, two familiar heads appeared. "Look Emma, it's Daisy and Joey and Danny!" no, no, no. "You look so fabulous, here have a cookie!" they stuffed my mouth with their awful gingerbread. Joey and Danny laughed so hard as I tried to gag. Disgusting! "I have to... check on my husband!"

 I ran away from the crime scene, before anyone could respond. Run, run, run! I came to the other side and entered a hedge maze. Now, this is pretty. I came to the centered were I saw a huge fountain formed in to a shape of a strange creature. Half lion, half goat and half snake... that must be chimera, the mythological creature John talked about. 

Lucid. Lucid. Not this again. Small breeze came in, caressing my back and slowly a black mist covered the place. Free us! Voice sounded the same, but this time it was much more frustrated and angry. Power

"What do you want?" I lifted my fists, knowing that my opponent is on the upper hand with this situation. The mist wrapped itself around my waist and threw me into the fountain. "What are you..." I lifted myself up, realizing I wasn't in the maze anymore. I was back at Dream Eater station.

  "Who is Converter? She came in with no files, no memory and no person who changed her!" male voice hissed. "Orion, relax. Her scores are perfect, she is qualified to the maximum!" Another voice responded. "Did you see the way she looks? And those eyes aren't natural. No one had eyes like that, ever." They were talking about me, it has to be me.

 "Why didn't we gave her a full name: Nightmare, instead of that Mare!" "Orion, the time will show its true face and so will she" "Avicia, she doesn't belong here" Orion kept protesting. "I think we should monotorize her, just in case" blue hooded member spoke. "Amicus has a point there. No one will get hurt and if anything goes wrong we can act fast." Female figure in yellow hood proceeded. Another voice cut in to discussion "You are right Gloria, we have to be aware of recent event and Mare is a bit suspicious too"

 "Then we vote!" Lucius' strong voice filled the room. Avicia stepped forward "Against!" Felicius and Lucius nod in agreement. Gloria and Orion at the same time spoke "For!" "Boglior, Alea?" the couple with grey and orange cloaks voted for. 

"What about me?" "Yes, Amicus?" Orion tapped the desk. Amicus shrugged and respond "I really don't care" Lucius slowly sighed "It is decided, Mare will from now on be under surveillance and I think I know who will be the best for such task." 

I felt a sudden pulled, which stirred me from the flashback. "Daisy, what happened?" John concerned voice made me open my eyes. Why did I even shut them? "Umm high heels. I.. tripped over a rock and fell" I looked over the fountain, meeting the gaze of three-headed creature. Its eyes glared at me accusingly. I ripped my eyes away from it and looked back at John. 

"Are you sure you are alright?" as the soaked fabric of a dress started to cling more and more, John looked down "You aren't wearing anything beneath your dress?" "No" he mouthed 'oh' as a blush formed to his cheek. "Well guess the party is over then" I left the sentence hanging in the air as my mind flashed the words back: Nightmare, suspicious, recent events, surveillance. They consider me as a threat? How interesting.

 "Daisy?" "Hm?" "You had the same expression when you kick those rabbit figures when I asked you should we go." "Oh, sorry I was just thinking about something. It's getting a bit chilly so yes, let's leave" He gave me a confused look, but didn't ask anything. 

"Good boy!" he laughed at my compliment as we left the party.