Chapter 24: Not This Time

She raised her hand and in a blink of an eye other Council members appeared.

 "Eight against one? Now that is not fair!" I smiled at her.

 Avicia looked at her 'soldiers' and signalized for them to attack. They all spread their hands and a strangely shaped swords appeared in each of their hand. The swords were massive and ugly, all identical looking, except for the color, which varied from blue to red. With those swords, the Council looked like hilarious Power Rangers. 

"I'm sure you can take care of them all" Avicia snarled. 

Not this time. 

I furrowed my brow at her, "You were saying?" I've heard a several footsteps behind me, stopping in a halt, waiting for further instructions. 

"Ah sounds like a backup. I hope you don't mind Avicia, but I called some of my friends to a party. Got some room for them?" I politely asked. Without giving me a replay she and the rest of fake Council launched at us. 

"Aim for the torso or head. And try not to get killed!" I slammed my fist against the green hooded guy and his head cracked in half. He crumpled to the floor and slowly vanished leaving his cloak behind. One down, seven to go. 

From my right side, Amadeus was burning everything. Literally everything! From floor to ceiling. Guess he was in the mood today. Blossom was right next to him with her lightning strikes. Twins and Sandy were on the other side assisting each other, while Joey and Danny gracefully danced with sand and wind. All in all, the room we were in seemed like a highly budget action movie by now! Epileptics beware!

 I spread my palms and joined the fight. On the sound of a sharp swing, I jumped to the left, avoiding the decapitation for an inch. "Well, well, well, what we have here?" Mockingly voice spoke at me, underneath his red cloak. 

Oh, what was his name again? "And you are?" I pointed out.

 "Lucius, your executioner!" he raised his sword and swung again. I followed the movement of it and grabbed the blade with my hand. "What the?!" he exclaimed surprised. "Not this time!" ice started to pulse from my arm, freezing the sword in a few seconds. Not this time! 

I clenched the sword and it shattered in small piece, rattling slowly on the floor. Lucius quickly recovered from his state of shock and managed to direct an uppercut in my face. I staggered a bit and wipe my lip. There was a small trickle of blood slowly dripping down. 

"Ouch!" I fake a hiss. He tried once more to deliver a punch, but this time, I was ready. I grabbed his forearm and apply a small amount of pressure on it, letting the ice spikes from my hand do the rest. He yelped and fell down.

 "It hurts, doesn't it?" I formed an ice spear and shot it trough his neck. He gasped in surprise and soon after vanished into nothingness, leaving his cloak behind. 

I've turned around for the next target when it happened. Danny slipped on the ground, allowing his opponent to stab him. I threw my spear in hope it will catch the yellow hooded one first. 

Unfortunately, that didn't happen. Danny was sliced trough before my spear reached the destination. 

The spear penetrated yellow's back and she also disappeared. Danny, no! I've tried to reach him, but black mist stopped me from doing so. In fact, it grabbed me and once again wrapped itself comfortable against me. Not this again! 

I've released my power, but nothing happened. It wasn't working! Once again... and still nothing! Now that was bad, really bad. I could hear the noises coming from outside the mist, but couldn't see anything beside the black mist.

 Come on! Dammit, it wasn't working. The voices were getting fewer and more quieter until everything stopped in utter silence. Uh-oh! The mist slowly released me from its grip and I peeked outside. 

There were bodies everywhere, all of them dead except one. Avicia grinned victoriously, raising her hands and demonstrating her power. "You know, I could have killed you. But I wanted to show you something before" she snickered pointed at each individual body, "You wanted to stop Lucid? Or should I say me? Look at this! They are all dead... And all because of you. But don't worry, you will join them soon enough. Just give me the location of the Tree and I promise you death shall be painless."

 I clenched my fist, "Never" 

"Excuse me?" she tilted her head, pretending like she didn't hear.

 "Deaf, aren't we? I said never!" I spread my palms, launching small ice spikes at her. She made an O motion with her hand, creating a giant shield which deflect all of my projectiles.

 "Stubbornness will cost you our life, Mare. Be reasonable and stop wasting my time" she pushed her palm upwards, creating a wave directed at me. In order to prevent getting killed, I had  to duck low and by touching the floor, I froze everything. It turned into a fascinating ice cave.

 "Looks like we will have to settle this on my way" I formed a kopesh sword out of ice in my hand.

 "A blade duel?" she held her hand high, forming her sword which looked like a katana. "You know how to wield that?" She grabbed it with both arms.

 Without answering back, I ran forward, towards my final combat.