Chapter 15: Playing With Fire And Electricity

"Hey" a gentle whisper made me open my eyes. Laszlo was standing near me with a worry written on his face. I yawned and yanked the water bottle out of my hand.

 "We are slightly late" he ruffled his hair and I couldn't help myself but to notice a bag underneath his eyes. Who needs sleep anyway. Chuckling at the thought I took a sip of water. 

"Want some?" he refused and got up. "Alright then" I sighed and got up too. 

"Daisy I was thinking.. and I think we should err.. talk" he muttered insecurely. I raised my eyebrows amused. "But we are late, maybe later?" the disappointment was visible on his face, yet he nod.

 As we got out of the house I had a really weird feeling that something is wrong.

 Terribly wrong.

                                                                      .............................

"Please have a seat" Tony, Sandy's father, pointed at black, leather sofa.

 "So what's this about?" I crossed my legs and stared at him. He was a pretty good looking man, I must admit. Tall, slim, somewhere in his late twenties, with mop of blonde hair and gorgeous blue eyes. I wonder how he and Blossom met. Must have been a sight.

 "Oh nothing really, we just wanted to give you and your husband some gifts. That's all" he intervened his fingers, looking at me passively. "Are you firing us?" he chuckled.

 "On contrary, my dear" he rose from the seat and in few steps he was in front of me. "You are doing a great job" he moved behind my chair to grab something from his desk. "Here it is!" he slowly leaned on the chair from behind. His face was now slowly inching towards mine. And it was way too close. Before it went to awkward mode, I jumped from the seat and grabbed the gift.

 "Well thank you Mr. Wolf, really kind of you" I tried to put on a smile. "No problem, now can you opened it? I want to know did I got it right?" He winked. Come on dude, you have a wife and a kid. Can you be more subtle? I slowly got rid of the black ribbon and tear purple wrapping fabric to pieces. Patience, my ass! As soon as the gift revealed itself I gasped. Shit! It was the identical sword, kopesh, that I got from Laszlo before I went to the mission. It broke after we got into a fight... but it was identical! I narrowed my eyes looking at Tony.

 "Isn't it wonderful? I got it from antique store downtown. I thought you might be interested" "And how did you know that?" he slowly stretched. 

"You told me" I raised the sword, "I never told you that!" He moved the sword with his index finger, "Maybe you just forgot" Forgot? Hardly. He smirked like he knew my thoughts.

 "Do tell me something Tony, is that your real name?" oh I was so bluffing this time, but I had to knew if there's any connection between this neighborhood and Lucid. "Of course not. It's Amadeus" he bowed. Hmmm we are getting somewhere.

 "And you are familiar with term Lucid, aren't you?" "You are making a progress. Good for you" he clapped. I motioned to go on. "It's getting near. You know, either it dies or we" "I thought that you all work together" he crossed his hands, refusing to give any information. I unsheathed my sword. If you can force it out politely, beat the truth out of them.

 "Go on..." I gave him the last chance, but he glanced at the swords and grinned like a maniac. I grabbed the handle and swiftly swinged at him. In a second, the blade cracked and fell down. Red flame oozed from Amadeus' hands as his eyes shift to pitch black. "What did you think?! That was a replica! Like I would give you a real sword" He lifted his hand, forming a flaming ball.

I wasn't planning on getting roasted! So I kicked the sofa towards Amadeus. It flew slightly faster than it should, crashing right into his face. Ouch! That will hurt. As he layed unconscious, I made sure that my skin was untouched. All clear! Now what should I... A load explosion echoed trough the hall. Dammit, I forgot Laszlo! Even though, sword wasn't useful I took it and head towards the sound. 

As expected I found Blossom holding what might seemed as a weirdly shaped sword of bright yellow color. If it's sparkling with flashes of light that can't be good, right? 

Laszlo was on the other side, looking like a deranged cat. A small trickle of blood was surfacing on his neck, but he was too focus on staying alive. Oh the adrenaline!

"How much more can you dance, Guardian?" she hissed amusively. She raised her sword and slashed trough the air, making two thick lines. It was Electricity. Wait, she was manipulating it?! 

As my astonishment stopped, I launched myself to save Laszlo. We ended up laying on the floor while the attack made a hole into a wall. 

"Oh the Bringer joined in? How splendid" Blossom gushed. "But that might means that Amadeus is dead? Poor self-centered idiot"

 "Ain't dead yet, you ugly cow!" he came rushing trough the door with a huge lump on his head. 

"Getting rusty, Mare?" "Me? Rusty? Gee, if you gave me a real weapon maybe I wouldn't be so damn rusty!" they looked at each other and started laughing, when another figure came into the room "You should run now" My eyes widen in discovery I forgot about her. 

Sandy.... She was one of them too. "Sandy? But how?" her eyes narrowed in disgust. If they possessed powers, does that mean Sandy has them too?

 "We can wait. Let her connect the dots" Of course she has! The first night we came here she started screaming which resulted the shattering of weapons.

 "Look Mare, you don't have anything that might defend you right now. You might be skilful, but you can't go against seven mages. It's impossible!" seven?! Amadeus carried on "Here's the deal, pick that Guardian up and ran the hell out of here, we don't need you. Because of you, it will find us and kill us all" It? "You mean Lucid?" they all hissed at the name. I guess that's a yes. 

"We are giving you just one chance. Get out!" I glanced at Laszlo, who was momentarily staring at all of us. He didn't seem like he could carry on a fight with seven people at once so I decided what was the best for all of us. 

"I will come back for answers" my voice came out eager while they looked not so satisfied with their victory.

 "Come on" I grabbed Laszlo by the arm and pulled him back to our pathetic retreat.