Chapter 6: Meeting the Wolfs

(Second day, 13 pm)

"Dear Avicia, we need food!" I tapped my pen nervously, waiting for a response. "It's in the fridge, knock yourself out" "We don't know how to cook!" "That is not my problem Mare. But I'm sure you'll figure something out" she even add a small winky face in the end. I narrowed my eyes at John as he came into the kitchen.

"They said we are on our own" I crossed my arms, " Now John, start cooking"

He pushed his glass back "Why?!" "As a Guardian you must have learned how to cook" he shook his head "Negative"

"Then tell me your name" „Why?" " Happy Council probably told you mine and now it would be fair for you to give me your name" "Happy Council?" John opened the fridge and took a deep breath.

"Sure! That dude Orion is soo sweet..... So you are going to ignore my question?" John motioned me to come closer. "What do you think?" I looked at the shelves filled with food. "I think we should pick four random ingredients and see what happens, are you in?" he nod in response.

I grabbed the nearest jar of some green vegetables in it. On the label, it said jalapenos peppers. John took a similar jar with so-called red chilli peppers. " Oh, I know what is this, a yogurt!" John victoriously waved with two cups of vanilla and strawberry flavor. Lastly, I took a yellow tube with white letters on it. " Mayonesse!" I read it out loud. We had our four ingredients, the only problem was what to do next? We both took our knives and cut the peppers then we mixed yoghurt, mayonesse and peppers all together in a bowl.

"What now?" I tossed a knife into the air. "Here, put it in a casserole" after many attempts we managed to turn the oven and cook the dish. "It smells good" John eyed suspiciously at the light red content of casserole. " On the count to three, ready?" we lifted our forks, looking like predators about to devour their prey.

"One, two, tree!" Simultaneously, we took a huge chunk and chew on it. I looked at John, who's face turned  completely red. He clenching his throat and ran toward the sink, trying to swallow as much water as possible. I grabbed another slice of our 'experiment' and looked back at John. His black shirt was soaked from the water, which ended up pretty much everywhere around him. His face seemed to return to a bit natural colour, but he was still gasping.

"Whimp!" I commented while chewing my food.

"How..can.. you.. urgh!" he leaned his head on the kitchen counter. I took a moment to study his profile.

Now that I think of it, he really did look a lot like Laszlo. They were both same height and built. Guy did work out, but he was never bulky. Besides who needs a bulky Technician. They don't fight. Finding and collecting information is their only job. Boring! I would rather kill myself than be a Technician. Sure, Laszlo is Technician and one of the rarest person I talk to, but he tolerable in a way.

"We should get going or we'll be late" I snapped my eyes open, seeing that John decided to change his shirt. Good for him.

"Do we have to?" I stuffed another mouthful of food in my mouth. "Yes and how can you eat that thing?!" his face contorted in disgust. " It's alright. Maybe some blood with it would be nice" His eyes dilated in shock. "Just kidding, though I've heard Guardian's blood is delicious" I snickered as we walked out.

Neighbourhood seemed quite common; every house looked exactly like the one next to it with green lawn and sprinkles in front of each house.

"Do you know what Chimera means?" John asked looking at a small sign of that street. "Street filled with rabbit lovers?" "What?" "Nothing" I shrugged him off.

Even though I didn't ask for an explanation, he started "Chimera is a mythological creature; half lion, half snake and half goat" I yawned "How exciting, now which house is it?" John pointed at house numbered 11 and resumed his lecture "But it also presents everything imaginative; such as dreams!" " How wonderful, now shut up before I stab you in the eye!"

Crack! Sudden noise beneath my foot, made me stir. I lifted my foot up to find another figure of a rabbit. "Fuck with this already!" furiously I kicked the shards at the front door of Wolf's house. Unfortunately, the door opened at that moment and my projectiles flew directly at the figure.

Tall, blonde haired man in a suit glanced at us, looking for an explanation. "Sorry, I'm allergic to rabbits" I scratched my skin and smiled politely. "And who might you be?" he shared a polite smile, which didn't reach his eyes.

"Mister Wolf, I presume? We are Daisy and John Oliver. New butler and nanny" John extended his arm to greet him, which Mr Wolf rudely declined. Instead he scratched his chin "Blossom, honey!" he eyed us suspiciously "My wife will be here in a moment, now excuse me!" he pulled a key out of his pocket and pressed some button, causing the beeping sound behind us.

"Isn't it beautiful?" he was looking directly at me. "What?" "Lexus!" I raised my eyebrow "That black car!" he pointed at his transport. "Sure" I shuffled on the grass, glancing at Mr Wolf. Before he left the place I think he winked at me. Weird.

"Oh you're here, come in!" A small female figure, with strange brittle voice, appeared in front of us. She pushed us into the hall, demanding to take our shoes off. I quickly scanned the area. Brightly illuminated hall had four doors from each side. Each door was painted in different colour.

"Okay, here you have a mini map of our house!" Mrs Wolf gave us two pieces of paper.

Blue door lead to the kitchen, yellow was called 'the oasis' since Mrs Wolf is into yoga and I really didn't want to go there. Brown was the living room. Green, I recognized as Sandy's room and next to it red door presented her playground. Sure, have a room for playground, why not?! Plain white doors were for bathroom and next to it was Mrs Wolf's  bedroom. Doors for that were pink, same as her colour hair. Lastly was Mr Wolf's bedroom, behind grey doors. I didn't want to ask, but separate rooms?

"If you do have any questions don't hesitate to ask!" She was definitely eyeing John, who pretty much seemed to notice.

"Rules are simple: I'm Blossom, my husband is Tony and my daughter's name is Sandy. So no Mrs and Mr Wolf! Don't poke your nose everywhere and do your business. Alright, that would be all for now! Sandy, workers are here and mommy is going to yoga. Bye-bye!" She winked at us, at John to be precise and left.

"The hell was that?" I looked around confused. "Not sure, but they are.. unique." John shrugged. "Yeah, I bet!"

"Forget about that, let's get to work!"