3|Aliyah And Her Minions

"Do we get free stuff, Mrs Paracha?" Missy asks as the two of us stand behind Naz and her mates from her old school.

"Do I look like charity?" Mrs Paracha replies. "You're no refugee, you know."

I hear laughing and turn to see the captain of the football team from the other school.

"Hey, who's the fittie with the braces?" Missy asks Naz with a flirtatious smile directed at the boy in question.

"Um, that is Aliyah's twin." Naz replies awkwardly.

"Oh god, there's two of ya?" I ask her.

"Could say the same about you." Aliyah looks me and Missy up and down in disgust.

"Don't worry." Missy intervenes, "I don't go out with school boys."

"We like real men, don't we, Naz?" I bump her shoulder.

"We're going to the sixth form hub. Are you coming Naz?" Aliyah starts to walk off, and Naz gives me and Missy disapproving looks before following after them.

"Have an apple, loves. On me." We both sadly reach for the offered apples from Mrs Paracha and walk off.

"What's going on with her?" I finally ask.

"It's those snobby mates, they don't like us." Missy replies sadly.

"Hey, look at me." I demand. "We're the Booth sisters. We don't need no approval from no snobs, alright? They ain't got nowt on us."

"Thanks, Izzy." I grab her hand comfortingly.

"Come on, you, let's go to the hub." I decide.

"Why?" She whines.

"Cos I wanna meet up with Cory." I shrug. "And we need to show those girls that no one can beat a Booth."

"Let's go."

♡♥︎♡

Once we arrive outside the door, I look at Missy, who takes a deep breath. "You'll be fine. I'm here."

"Thanks, sis." She smiles, and I kiss her cheek.

"Come on. Slap on your smile." We both wear matching smiles, shake our heads, and strut into the Sixth Form Hub with linked arms.

Missy waves at some of her old friends who half-heartedly smile back. "Seriously, what's so good about in here?"

"You've got a coffee machine, which is impressive, but it's still school." Missy reminds and people give her funny looks.

"We're your age don't have a cow." I tell them, standing by her side.

"Just all gotta be dead to us cos you passed your exams now." Missy adds.

"It weren't their fault. They- they're in our year, really." Naz speaks up. "They just gotta retake."

"Thank you, Nasreen, dead sweet." Missy kisses her cheek, taking a seat next to her best friend, and I decide to walk over to Cory and sit next to him again.

"Isabella Booth, have I told you how good it is to see ya in uniform for another year?" Cory smirks at me.

"Yep." I smirk back. "And it's Izzy. You should know, Cor." 

"Izzy? What kind of name is that?" I hear Aliyah scoff a laugh.

"One you won't be using any time soon." I smile sarcastically at her. "You can call me Isabella or just never talk to me."

"Teachers will be well pleased to see us talking to you all." Missy changes the subject. "Int that the point in this school, to make us all friends?"

They just give us dirty looks.