12|'This Is Who You Are'

I'm sitting in my art class starring at my new piece of work in thought just as Jordan bursts through the door. "You're late, Mr Wilson."

"Sorry, I were talking to Mr Bell." He says and sits next to me. "That's well good, Bella."

"Can I have a look, Miss Booth?" Mrs Kossal asks, walking over to us.

"Sure, why not." I push it towards her, and she nods appreciatively.

" I push it towards her, and she nods appreciatively

(Izzy's drawing^^^^)

"It's very, very well drawn..."

"But?" I ask, already expecting it.

"But... what does it mean?" She asks, and I shrug. "What were you thinking when you drew it?"

"I thought about when I put Zain on his ass, Miss." I answer honestly, earning a laugh from Jordan.

"And why did you decide to think about that?"

"Because he made me angry. That's why I put him on his ass. You wanted me to draw my emotions." I remind her.

"But this isn't about what I want." She says. "Yes, I asked you to draw your emotions and how you feel, but it's about you. When you're drawing, you shouldn't have me in the back of your mind, you should have a clear mind and draw how you feel."

"But this is it, ain't it?" I ask.

"I don't know, you tell me." She shrugs. "What does it mean? What does it represent?" I don't know what to answer, so she nods and turns to Jordan. "Mr Wilson, what do you see in Miss Booth work?"

He looks at my sketchbook again. "Well, it's the rose again, ain't it? So beauty and romance. And then the gun could represent danger or that she's a weapon." Jordan shrugs.

"So what's your overall inference?" Mrs Kossal asks with a smile.

He makes eye contact with me, "That she may be beautiful, but she's dangerous."

"Well done, Mr Wilson." Miss praises. "But as you know, when we make an inference on an artists work, we always make two, so what would you say is your other inference?"

"Um... romance..." He mumbles, looking intently at my work. "What about she sees love as a weapon? Summet dangerous? She's scared of it."

"Well, I think enough's been said here. Thank you, Mr Wilson." Mrs Kossal smiles and turns back to me.

"So what's me grade now?" I ask her hopefully.

"Unfortunately, it's still an F." She hols her hands over her stomach.

"What? Why?" I ask, confused. "Jordan just told you what it meant."

"Exactly." She nods. "Jordan told me. Not you. This is your work, not his." Mrs Kossal then speaks to the whole class in her next statement. "Every artist must be able to explain their work. If the artist can't give it meaning, then it has no meaning."