23|'The Booths Are Back!'

I wake up to the sound of knocking. I groggily lift my head off Jordan's head to see a police officer at the window. Shit!

"Jordan." I shake him awake, earning a groan from him.

"What?" He pulls me closer into his side.

"There's a copper at the window." I tell him and his eyes snap open.

"Ah shit.."

♡♥︎♡

Jordan told the police it was all his fault and that I had nothing to do with it, and no one bothered to listen to my side of the story. I'm currently sitting in the station waiting for my imaginary parent to turn up and take me home because they won't let me go on my own.

I check the time, 7:29. Shit, I need to be at Haylee's hearing soon.

The door to the station opens, but I don't bother to see who it is because it's probably no one. "Hello, I'm Steven Bell. My car was brought here an hour ago with Jordan Wilson, um -"

"Sir?" I ask, standing up.

"Hiya Izz." He looks at me briefly before doing a double take. "Izzy? What're you doing here?"

"I were with Jordan." I say awkwardly.

"Should've known." He shakes his head. "Hold on, don't you have your hearing today?"

"Yep." I nod. "And I'm waiting for someone to pick me up, but no one's coming, and I'm gonna miss the hearing and probably won't see Haylee."

"Right well." He turns to the person at the front desk. "Um, can I take her home now?"

"What's your relation with her?" The man asks.

"She's my... um, she's my daughter." My head snaps up at his words. "And I think it's time I take her home now, please."

"Of course. Just sign these forms, and you can be on your way." The man hands him a clip board and a pen.

Mr Bell quickly signs the forms, handing them in and turning to me. "Ready?"

"Mhm." I nod, and we walk out, Mr Bell being given his car keys to take his car and not a cab.

"So, where to first?" Mr Bell asks as we approach his car, but I stop before we get there. "What's wrong?"

I launch myself into his arms, enveloping him in a tight hug. "Thank you."

"No problem, Izz." He chuckles slightly, and I pull away, getting in the car. "So where's the hearing?"

"Um, do you mind taking me home first so I can get changed, please?" I request politely.

"Sure."

♡♥︎♡

Mr Bell pulls up outside the Family Court place, and I take a shaky breath. "You're gonna be fine."

"You think?" I ask him.

"Course you are." He smiles encouragingly. "Do you want some company?"

"You have a job, sir. You ain't losing it cos of me." I tell him sternly.

"I can call in sick." He offers.

"I'll be fine, like you said." I try assure him and myself.

I flinch massively when I hear knocking on my window, I turn my head and see Mrs Carters apologetic face, so I roll my window down. "Are you mental?"

"Sorry, Isabella, I just saw the car and assumed Mr Bell was giving you a lift." Mrs Carter apologizes.

"It's fine." I smile.