18|'Thingymabob'

Its been a couple days since Haylee got taken away, me and Missy haven't left the house or answered the door to anyone since Mr Bell stayed for dinner. People have tried to get to us but we've just ignored them, kept the doors locked and curtains across the windows.

I feel like me and Missy have fallen into a small depression at the absence of our Haylee but we try cheer each other up... its just not the same.

My phone died on the second day  and I haven't bothered to charge it, I think it'll be easier this way cos no one can contact me.

Cory, Jordan, Mr Bell and even Riz have come round on separate occasions to try talk to me but I just ended up sitting in front of the door and listening to them. They probably didn't even realise I was that close or listening.

♡♥︎♡

I hear a ladder be leant up against our house loudly from where I'm curled up on the sofa watching Peaky Blinders on catch-up. "Missy, if that's Naz tell her to stick to her side of the fence."

"Yeah, yeah." Missy says getting up from beside me and walking to the stairs.

"The doors locked for a reason." Missy says.

"I knocked." Miss Keane?

"And did I say come in through the window?" I slowly stand up of the chair in case Missy needs me.

"Its okay Mrs Paracha!...I've got it from here!" Miss Keane says loudly.

"Its alright, you're not staying." Missy spits and joins me in the living room.

"What's she doing here?" I ask rudely, motioning towards Miss Keane.

"I was worried about yous, you haven't been in school." Miss Keane states.

"Hm, I hadn't notice." I say sarcastically.

"You didn't seem that bothered when you grassed us up, anyway." Missy shrugs spitefully.

"Nobody grassed anybody up." Miss Keane says. "Its procedure."

"Mhm." I nod mockingly. "Right, well, it might've just been blimming procedure to you, but it were our lives."

"Well, it don't have to be this way." Miss Keane starts. "I've spoken to a social worker and she says there is a way to keep your family together. But, we need the cooperation of your mom."

Missy sighs, "Fantastic. Yet again, our happiness is down to a junkie."

"Stop feeling sorry for yourselves!" Miss Keane exclaims.

"Why? Who else is gonna feel sorry for us?" I retort.

"Oh don't worry, girls, it'll be alright. Your mom'll come of the drugs. Haylee will be back bright as a new penny. The sun'll be shining and all the flowers in the garden will be smiling at ya!" Missy mocks being optimistic. "I can't wait!"

"Do you have any idea how all this feels, miss?" I ask tiredly. "To wake up day in and day out with a part of you missing! To not be able to sleep at night, worried about whether she's eaten, if she's being treated right, is she afraid or-or lonely. Or what about if she is happy, then what? What if she likes this new place better and don't need us anymore?! Do you know how it feels to have this aching feeling in your heart?! Do ya?!"

"You haven't got a clue, have ya?" Missy asks rhetorically.

"Now leave us alone!" I demand through gritted teeth, pointing to the door.

"Shut the window on your way out." Missy walks over to the dinner table and takes a seat, rubbing her forehead.

Miss Keane turns to leave but stops in the doorway, "Izzy, Mr Bell asked me to remind ya about the match tomorrow and... well, I heard some of the boys from the team saying how the game wouldn't be the same without you there. You're their coach... Their favourite coach."