25|'Oh My God...'

I jump down the last three steps and wait as Haylee boringly walks down them. "You boring fart."

"Shut up, Izzy." She laughs and shoves me.

I jog into the living room and see mom's new boyfriend on top of her as they giggle away to each other. "Gross."

I walk over to Missy and Naz when Mom gets up and praises Haylee. "Here she is! All ready for her mocks! Go make your mam proud, d'you hear?"

"Yeah." Haylee walks over to us.

"What about me?" Missy asks.

"And me?" I add.

"Don't worry, loves. There's more to life than exams." Mom says doubtfully.

"Well, what'd you know about it? You spent most of your life a waste of space junkie." I grumble and storm out. 

Me and Haylee start walking to school whilst Naz and Missy wait to get a lift from Miss Keane.

"You're gonna do great, H." I link my arm through hers. "And if you're not sure how you did, don't sweat it cos these tests ain't real anyway."

"Okay."

♡♥︎♡

Me and my sisters walk into our English mock, and I notice Missy looking anxious. "Hey M, don't worry about this test, yeah? And ignore Mom, she don't know nowt about this."

"Thanks, Belly." She mutters and sits down in her assigned desk next to mine, Haylee behind me.

"Quickly, please." Miss Keane commands from the front of the hall where she stands beside Mr Simpson.

"Your time starts now." Miss Keane informs us, and I open my booklet.

♡♥︎♡

Halfway through the mock, I feel a searing pain through my head, resulting in a small whimper falling from my lips as I grip my head. 

"This is to be completed in silence." Miss Keane reminds.

"Psst." I look up and see Missy looking at me concerned. "What you doing?"

"I dunno." I wince.

"Isabella, shh." Miss Keane gives me daggers.

"Sorry, Miss."

I look at Missy again to see her stressing over her paper, so I clear my throat to get her attention. When she looks at me panicked, I breathe in and out, and she copies me. 

A few moments pass before Missy legs it out the hall. Shit.

"Missy?" Miss Keane calls.

I finish the question I'm on before following her out. I completed quite a lot of the paper so it should be fine.

Once I'm out the hall, I see Missy sitting one the stairs, leaning against the bannister. "Hey, twinny."

"Belly, what're you doing? You should be in the hall." Missy tells me.

"So should you." I sit next to her on the steps. "Its alright, they're fake tests anyway."

"I don't know what happened. I were stressing and then I couldn't read the questions properly. I-I-" She stammers.

"It's alright, love." I wrap an arm around her shoulder, and she leans into my side. "You let her get in your head, didn't ya?"

"Yeah." She admits quietly. "I just wanted to make her proud for once and... I wanted to make you proud of me."