7|'Am I A Granny?'

I jump out of the car to be faced with Naz and Missy. "Thanks, sir!"

"Text Jordan if you need me." Mr Bell advises. "Stay safe."

"I will." I smile, and he drives off. "Right, let's go."

"Where?" Missy asks.

"She gave me her new address the other day." I take the folded piece of paper out my phone case. "Ain't had a chance to throw it away yet."

"We'll start there." Naz states the obvious.

"Yeah, no shit." I say sarcastically. "What're you doing here, anyway?"

"Helping."

"Well, we don't need your help! We're Booths we stick together!" I snap.

"Fine! I'll go then!" Naz storms off.

"Come on, Missy." We start walking. "Don't worry, you two are gonna make up by tomorrow, it's just we don't need anyone else sticking their noses in our business. As long as she's still being Aliyah's bum lick, we can't trust her, alright?"

"Yeah... I know." She sighs.

"We're gonna get Nana's money and not see mom again for at least a good few months, so let's get a move on, yeah?" I grip her hand, and she nods.

♡♥︎♡

"Girls!" A car pulls up next to us and beeps, "You working?"

Me and Missy start sprinting up the stairs to mom's apartment.

"Get lost!" Missy shouts.

"Pervert!"

We walk up to mom's purple door, and both knock. "Come on."

I see my mom's head slowly peek out from behind the door. "You came!"

"Adam! Adam!" Mom pulls me and Missy into the run down apartment that reeks of weed and alcohol.

"Me daughters came!" Mom shows us to a dodgy looking man who's currently rolling a blunt.

"You alright?" He smiles creepily.

"Who's that?" He points at me.

"That's me, daughter, Isabella." Mom introduces me. "You got baby sick on you, love? Am I a granny?"

"No, Mom!" She pulls Missy over to the old sofa.

"Sit down, sit down."

"Mom!" Missy shrieks. "You stole Nana's bingo money!"

"I didn't!" She protests.

"What'd you think we came here for?! To hang out?" I ask her in disbelief.

"Give it back!" Missy demands.

"I ain't got owt." Mom says and fidgets nervously. "Oh, are you skint, darling? Adam, lend 'em summet."

"No chance." He scoffs.

"Well, it's no big deal!" She looks between me and Missy and Adam. "It's me daughters! Can't let 'em starve. Especially if this one has a baby." Mom picks up Adams wallet.

"What did I say?!" Adam rips the wallet out of mom's hand and throws it on the armchair next to me.

"Get off her!" Me and Missy exclaim.

"Sit down, shut up, and get out of here!" He demands as I get an idea.

"Creep!" Missy shouts.

"Get out!"

"Mom, the money!" Missy sits on the sofa and goes the Mom's bag with her.

"I ain't got owt!" Mom repeats.