4|'And I'm A Windup!'

The next morning, I wake up to the sound of my phone pinging. 3 messages from Jordy 😋.

I unlock my phone and click on his messages.

Jordy 😋:

Jordy 😋:
Hey Izzy
I got a meeting w a copper 2day
U mind coming in w me?

A copper? How much trouble is he in?

Me:
Course I'll go in w ya
I'll check w whatever teach is gonna be w ya just 2 make sure

Jordy 😋:
Thx 

Me:
Np x

I chuck my phone on my bed and get ready for school.

♡♥︎♡

"What were you feeling, Jordan?" The police officer asks, finally taking his eyes off my chest.

I'm slouched in a chair next to Jordan with my arms crossed over my chest, Mr Qureshi opposite us and Mr Bell on the other side of Jordan, opposite the police officer.

Jordan looks confused and looks to me for help, but I shrug equally as confused at his question.

"Now we heard... that you were talking about being a revert." The officer recalls. "You interested in Islam?"

"Are you joking?" Jordan asks.

The officer sighs, "You previously went to a predominantly white-"

Jordan cuts him off, "That don't make me racist, does it?"

"No." Mr Bell says, confidently patting his shoulder.

"It makes our old school racist if you think about it." I speak up quietly.

"But no one's saying anything like that, anyway." Mr Bell continues.

"What were you thinking, anyway?" Mr Qureshi asks.

"I didn't mean nowt by it. I were just trying to make a point." He replies.

"What point was that?" The officer asks.

"Well, that I'm a racist." He says sarcastically, and I hit his arm.

"He don't mean that." Me and Mr Bell say in sync.

"No, it were about Muslims, weren't it?" Jordan jokes dryly. "Trying to get them before they get us."

"Is that what you really think, Jordan?" The officer asks, bored.

"It's not about what I think, is it, sir?" He asks rhetorically. "It's about what you think."

"Yeah, that's what counts innit?" I add.

"Go on, write it down." Jordan says, fed up, as I hear Mr Bell scoff a laugh in disbelief. "Jordan Wilson's a racist. That's exactly what I'll be."

The officer looks at him in shock before he begins to write it down.

"It were a joke." Jordan tells him.