14|'How Much?'

Me and Missy are skipping school today to go to the funeral directors. "For those on a tight budget, we'd recommend our copper package. It's a no-frills cremation at 1,595."

"How much?" Missy asks with wide eyes.

"That's not including third-party expenses." The woman states.

"Right." I sit up to lean forward slightly, resting my elbows on my knees. "What's your cheapest cremation offer?"

"Well, we can do a direct cremation." She suggests. "No ceremony, no mourners, at a reduced cost."

"How much is that?" Missy asks.

"£1,195." The woman informs.

I sigh, sitting back in my chair and rubbing my head, feeling a migraine coming on.

"You shouldn't be taking care of this all on your own, loves." The woman tells us sympathetically.

"Well, we don't have anyone else." I mutter. "Can we get back to ya on the money?"

"Of course." She nods, and the two of us leave.

I look at Missy to see her ringing someone. "Who you calling?"

"Mom." She answers.

♡♥︎♡

Me and Missy are currently sitting in Mom's new apartment she's crashing in when my phone starts ringing. I excuse myself and head to the bedroom.

"What, Jordan?" I answer.

"Hello to you too." 

"Sorry. Hello. Now, what'd you want?"

"I saw Jamie today, and I got his dummy to do the DNA test. Now we just have to wait and see if I'm his dad."

"That's great news, Jordan, but d'you mind if I call you back later? I'm busy."

"Yeah, yeah, course. Where are ya anyway? You're not in school, neither is Missy."

"Yeah, we've got a few errands to run. How's Haylee?"

"She got put in isolation in science."

"What, why?!"

"Didn't do nowt."

"Oh god..."

"Bella, what's going on?"

"I can't tell ya Jordy. I'm sorry."

"Yeah, you can. You can tell me anything."

"I know, just.... just not this, okay? Trust me."

"Will you ever tell me?"

"Yeah, one day."

"Alright, just answer me one question. Are you okay?"