44|'Riz and Haylee?'

The whole of both Year 11 and Year 12 are gathered on the back playground of the school, for the tree planting in honour of Mr Qureshi. Most if not all of the staff were lined up against the wall in front of us as we wait for the tree to arrive in the freezing cold.

Cory notices the way my teeth chatter in the wind, and he pulls me close to him, my arms instinctively wrapping around his waist as he holds me in his arms. "You alright, Trouble?"

I nod, "Mhm, just a-a bit cold."

He hums, slightly, pushing my hair behind my ear and looking me over. "No, there's something else. What's on your mind?"

Huffing, I roll my eyes at the thought that comes to mind, "Mom's back."

His eyebrows knit together in confusion, "What? Why?"

"For your Jordan." I answer. "Not like he's staying round anyway."

"Where's he gone?" He shakes his head at the thought of his brother.

"I dunno, fallen off the face of the Earth." I grumble. 

After I picked him up from Stepton Street Hostel and he stayed the night, he disappeared. One minute, he was asleep on the sofa, the next morning, he was gone, and so was his stuff. Not even a poxy note to let us know where he were going or when he'd be back.

"So why's your mum still hangin' around?" Cory asks.

"She has to, with Socials sniffing round us an' all. Ever since we offered Jordan a place, they keep checking in." I state. "And we need money. She needs to get a job so we can eat summet, but she's known round here for shoplifting, so we're screwed."

"Hey, I'm sure things'll work out. They always do... one way or another." He tries to reassure me, but I just shrug, not knowing what to say.

I hear a gasp, "Oh my god!" Me and Cory turn our heads to see Naz with an excited expression and Missy with the complete opposite.  At least they're talking again.

"What's...?" Cory trails off in question.

"I don't even know." I reply tiredly, resting my head on Cory's chest.

After a few more minutes, Mrs Carter calls for everyone's attention. "Uh, right, listen up, everyone! I'm afraid we're gonna have to postpone the tree planting."

We all groan, annoyed at her announcement. "So we've been standing out in the cold for nothing then?" Zain practically reads my mind.

 "It's a lot warmer in isolation, believe me." Mrs Carter smirks, walking off.

"Great, well, this were a waist o' time."

♡♥︎♡

"I pray thee, gentle mortal, sing again." I read, bored out of my mind. Missy decided to head home to think, but told Miss Keane I'd fill in for her at play rehearsals. 

"Mine ear is much enamoured of thy note."

Miss Keane huffs, "This isn't working."

"What's wrong with it?" I ask, annoyed.

"Well, you're lacking focus for a start." She points out to me. "Titania's meant to be in love with Bottom. Give it some passion!"

"Yeah, we can work on that, can't we Trouble?" Cory smirks, nudging me.

"It's not our fault the stupid play don't make no sense. What's it even about, anyway?" I question.

"Drugs, miss." Amin speaks up, from where he leans against the table, observing mine and Cory's performance. "Oberon was a dealer, innit?"