ᴛᴡᴏ

❇️ZAIN❇️

Leaning my arms on the table, I deliver a scowl at Emma. “Don't you have a deadline to meet?”

"It's Thursday today, forgotten? That means I'll have four whole days to convince you." Em reasons, bringing her glass to her lips in the most luscious manner I have ever seen.

"And you think those days are enough?"

"What can I say? I've been told I'm very good at business" She prides herself, throwing her head back with a sultry grin.

“Somebody tell me I'm not the only person who's feeling the sexual tension around this table.” Lucy butts in with a small chuckle that ends the moment I scowl at her.

Chastised, she turns to her 'boyfriend' who has thankfully stopped fingering her. “Babe, I wanna dance.”

“Sure babe.” Kevin replies rather enthusiastically, getting up along with my 'girlfriend'.

I quirk my brow in surprise as the two of them head off. If there's one fun activity Kevin hates doing, then it's dancing. Lucy does have more power than I anticipated.

“Hey," Emma's voice draws my attention back to her. I see that she's gotten to her feet. “Let's go dance too.”

Dazed by the outline of her curves that are made possible by the tight, snug dress that hugs her figure, I have no urge to answer. I curse as my erection intensifies to a whole new level in my pants.

Her hand is still stretched, waiting for my cue, but there is no way I am going to give her the satisfaction of seeing the tent in my slacks.

"No"

"Well, isn't that to be expected?" She taunts. "Guess I'll just have to dance on my own.”

I watch as she turns and saunters away, hips swaying and mounds dancing. Then I shrug, closing my eyes as I experience an inexplicable combination of relief and regret at refusing her offer to dance.

Fuck, why does she have to make things so hard for me? I'm supposed to resent her, to hate her even. What is this strong need for her and where does it come from?

I open my eyes and watch as Emma reaches the dancefloor and blends in with the other dancers, moving her body in tune with the beat in the most sensual way.

I stare in fascination until a dancing guy suddenly approaches her. I frown, watching the guy say something to her as if asking whether he can dance with her.

To my irritation, she shrugs in a why not manner and faces him completely. The guy says something which causes her to laugh, and I feeling punching that smile off his face.

I force myself to curb the possessive reaction. My control snaps when the mood of the dance suddenly shifts. The guy begins touching and pulling too close to her. then resting his hands on her shimmying hips, he boldly slips it down, cups her ass, and squeezes.

The fuck.

From how casually the guy did it, I probably would've assumed he has Emma's permission if not for the uncomfortable look that settles on Emma's face.

From her body movement, she's trying her best to break free from the guy but the dude's having none of it. My muscles tensing up and my jaw clenching, I shoot to my feet, almost seeing red. Clenching my hand into a fist, I storm towards them. I swear I can beat this idiot to a pulp if he doesn't let go of her.

Getting behind the guy, I reach for the spot where the neck adjoins the shoulder and apply pressure. Firmly. The other man wheels around Immediately at the pain, letting go of Emma before muttering, "What the fuck!"