Fourty-Six

Emma was a tomato the next day as Gustavo and Amanda, on bringing Amy, wouldn't stop teasing them about their rapturous night and asking, playfully, how it was. When Emma refused to speak, Amanda pointed at the hickey on her neck.

"You don't need to tell me. I can just guess." She mused in a teasing tone.

Gasping, Emma brushed strands of her hair to cover the spot, and despite herself, a reminiscent smile curled her lips up as she thought of the love bites George had left in far more intimate places.

"So you guys will be going today?" Gustavo asked, his voice a bit wishful. He didn't seem all that comfortable as his wife was about getting she and George to discuss their sex life.

According to their schedule, after the final day of the jazz fest today, they would head for the airport where they would take a flight to Miami to continue their vacation.

Shaking his head, George waggled his finger warningly at Gustavo. "Don't give me that look, man."

"Well fine." The other man said, straightening himself, seemingly not wanting to appear emotional. "It's not like anyone is gonna miss you guys."

"Even you find that lie hard to believe." George taunted, eliciting chuckles from all but Gustavo, who's frown deepened.

After the last session of the festival, packed with a lot more people and fun performances, Gustavo dropped them at the airport after they'd gone to the apartment to freshen up and grab their luggage.

“You know I really like talking to you, Emma.” Amanda admitted when they were in the waiting hall. “We should get our husbands to let us do this once in every while.”

"Yes, you are right." Emma said sincerely, feeling that the emotion on that was mutual.

Turning to George, Amanda shot him a mock warning glare. "And you, Sir, you better make her happy always. Or else..."

"Okay, do you even have to tell me that?" George cut her off, rolling his eyes. "Her happiness is mine and so is her sadness. And I don't think anyone would want to cause their own sadness."

His words touched her so much she could only stare at him as he smiled at her. He would always put her happiness first, while she on the other hand, had been doing quite the opposite in the past few days...

She swallowed the lump of emotion and forced a smile. "And I really like you too, Gustavo, you talking bird."

The man's head raised proudly, chest jutting out. "Who wouldn't like Gustavo?" He winked, gesturing at his body. Amanda widened her eyes and punched him in the ribs.

Just then, their flight was announced. Amanda and Gustavo both leaned down and kissed Amh on the cheek, the little girl's expression suffused with a bit of disappointment. It was obvious the two had done enough last night to make her love their company.

The two and a half hour non-stop flight to Miami was one filled with expectations for Emma. She couldn't wait to experience more with her daughter and husband.

Miami was a beautiful city with it's art deco architecture, a sparkling psychedelic ambience that gave emphasis to it's intense nightlife, and a sea that shimmered like silk under the moonlight.

***~***

Emma sighed longingly, as hand in hand, she strolled down the shores of the mid-beach along with George while he carried their daughter, wishing this vacation could last forever. Or at least much longer than planned before the real world intruded. Before she came clean with George and faced the reality of his reaction and decision.