Epilogue

“Okay, princess. I'm glad you're having a good time with your uncles... Of course mummy's having a good time too... Okay bye. Mummy loves you. And oh, continue to be a good girl, okay? Don't forget to brush your teeth before going to sleep.”

Hanging up, a smile touched Emma's lips at the happiness that'd sounded in her daughter's voice. She'd gone over to Carlifornia together with her grandaunt to spend a week with her grandpa. Poor Maggie had left her heart with Theo the last time they'd been there.

Returning her attention to the food she was preparing, she hummed a soft tune and swayed her hips to it, still giddy with excitement from what she'd discovered today.

Just then she heard the laughter coming from the living room and grimaced. They were here, and she was just only now putting the homemade desert into the microwave.

Regulating the temperature, she maneuvered out of the kitchen and into the large living room just in time to catch the joke the woman was telling, and she burst into laughter along with the trio.

“Hey, sugar.” Her husband, noticing her, spread his wide arms as he advanced towards her. She fell into his embrace, then pulled back to kiss him on the lips. Stepping away but wrapping her hand around his waist, she glanced at their guests.

“Zain! Oh my God it's been so long.” Smiling she moved to kiss the man on the cheek, tilting back to look at him for any differences in his features that could've occurred since the last time she'd seen him this close about a year and a half ago. There wasn't anything to notice, except he'd allowed his stubble to grow a little too much than usual.

“Well yeah. Almost two years is a long time. I'm sure we have a lot of things to talk about. Anyways let me introduce you to someone very special.” He turned to the striking red haired beauty standing beside him, putting a hand at the small of her back. “Sweetheart, this is Emma. And Emma, meet my sweetheart and fiancee, Ariana.”

“I'm so glad to meet you, Ariana.” Holding out her hand, Emma pulled the other woman into a hug, feeling happy that Zain finally had someone who seemed just right for him.

“Likewise, Emma. I've heard and seen so much about you. You're much more beautiful in person this close. And you don't know how much I admire you. You're a great fashion designer! I follow you on every one of your social media handles, I watch all your interviews, I go to every one of your fashion shows.” Ariana mused, her voice getting more excited towards the end.

Which made Emma look at Zain. Just how much of this did the man know? And just how much did Ariana know about the two of them? She didn't doubt Zain would tell her, but for him to have moved on, he probably wouldn't need reminders of her which wouldn't be possible if Ariana shared her admiration for her with him constantly. Or perhaps they hadn't been together that long and Zain had gotten over her before their relationship started.

“Calm down, sweetheart.” Zain coaxed as he shook his head in what looked like wonder.

“How can I calm down when I'm finally meeting Emma Taylor? The Emma Taylor. Currently one of Forbes's 50 most beautiful and influential women! The one because of whose single design the country came on top at the international fashion competition this year!”

Emma looked towards George who was looking at Ariana intrigued, and returned her gaze to the woman. “Oh why, thank you.” She said, feeling proud at the admiration that burned so brightly in Ariana's eyes. “But I won't give myself all the credit. The other designers' hard work also contributed to the victory.”

“She wants to be a great fashion designer someday.” Zain explained, then grimaced. “She won't take my help though. Insists on reaching that height by her own merits.”